Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"My cat slapped me around a little bit."

It's already the 7th.
Where did June go?
I was so busy getting ready for our camping trip that I let the entire month get away from me.
That and I'm kinda tired of writing to myself.
I know I have friends who come here.
They have pointed out to me that I did not blog last month.
They never comment, so I don't know that they have been here.
But now they are letting me know that they are coming to see what I have been up too, and I have not blogged.
So here I am~
With nothing to say.
I could tell you about my cat giving me a black eye.
Last Friday I made a monumental error in judgement.
I decided it would be a good idea to take my kitty outside.
Outside where all the scary noises are.
He had been freaked out all week over the fireworks.
(next year he gets drugs)
So in a moment of brilliance, I thought I would carry him outside for a few minutes and walk around the yard.
I had him in my arms and we walked to the back of the yard where the bird feeders are.
He likes to smell the feeders, because, you know, they smell like birdies.
I leaned in and for some unknown reason, I touched the battery operated squirrel flipper offer feeder and it made a jerk and a noise.
Stupid me.
Stupid.
Did I say that I was stupid for doing it?
That cat couldn't get out of my arms quick enough.
He twisted around, crawled over my head via my face, and ran as fast as he could with his tail all puffed up.
It hurt like hell.
At this point I was doubled over with my hand pressed to the left side of my face, trying to see where the cat had gone, which to my complete surprise and relief, was straight to the back door.
He was clawing and pushing at the door to get in, and thankfully Robert was standing in the kitchen talking to Katie on the phone.
I was just about in the house when Robert caught sight of me.
"I have to go. Your mother is gushing blood."
And then he hung up on Katie.
I have no idea what she was thinking at this point.
Even though I had not taken my hand away from my face, the blood was dripping down some.
Kodiak had put a nasty scratch on my right arm, a scratch above my eyebrow, and poked several holes into my cheek, nose and one nasty one next to my eye.
The forehead scratch was the one that bled the most.
But the deep claw poke next to my eye did the most damage.
It has been 5 days and it still hurts.
It's barely even noticeable now, but it gave me a black eye.
My eye and cheek swelled up pretty good Friday night, and when I got up Saturday morning I had a black eye.
I still have the red bruise under my eye, but the rest of the area under there is a lovely shade of greenish yellow.
Funny thing, the only people at work to even say anything were Carol yesterday and Karen today. No one else has asked me what happened.
WTS?
If one of them had come to the office with a black eye, I would have been all over that!
"What the heck did you do?"
I would have to know.
I think it's worse to not ask.
Makes me feel like people think I was beat up or something so they don't want to bring it up.
IT WAS MY CAT PEOPLE!
So funny.

4 comments:

Mary/MI said...

I'm here Barbara!!! Your faithful commenter lol!! Prolly many don't know what to say. Here are a few simple words they can use...
1.Dam girlfriend
2.I was here!
3.Funny stuff
4. Wow!
5.no way
6. lol
7. boo!
btw, I see our "owls nest" has again been invaded by the "Chinese script". fricken people whoever they are!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

MARY!!!
LOL! Thanks for the tips. Doubt they will work though. None of them want to set up google email accounts. Oh well. And those spam people on mine are from Japan. Pisses me off. I think that is one of the reasons I didn't blog last month. I got tired of removing the posts and blocking them. And even though I have set it up to approve all comments, they still try to leave them. Jerks.
But I'm glad you came by! I checked your blog today, but like me, you have not blogged in a while :-)

KarinaBee said...

OMG, Barb, you poor thing! I feel bad that I missed this!

Yeah...what were you thinking taking Kodi outside, LOL!!??

I knew a woman who said she was epileptic and she always seemed to have bruises that she said came from seizures, but we ladies would always give her husband the suspicious semi-evil eye when we saw him, just in case he was the bruiser! When a woman has a black eye people worry but don't know what to say. Maybe it was too uncomfortable to ask and your coworkers were hoping you'd just explain.

Are you back to normal yet? :)

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

its all good KB :-)
no more bruise.
i will try....TRY....to post a new blog today :-)
try....
heh heh heh