Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner

Robert and I have trouble almost every night trying to decide what to have for dinner. We both are tired of eating.
It seems to be a mid week thing.
On the weekends we end up not eating lunch, and then just have dinner.
But during the week, we both eat lunch, so we are not hungry for dinner.
Or we are just indecisive about what to have.
It's the same thing every night...
"What do you want for dinner?"
"I don't know. What do you want?"
"I asked you. You pick."
"I don't want to make the decision."
"Well I made it last night."
"Come onnnnnnn....."
Yeh...
It goes like that every night.
So tonight I'm trying something new.
I went on to Betty Crocker's website and found a recipe for a breakfast pie.
Impossibly Easy Sausage Breakfast Pie.
I'm not even sure if I have a glass pie plate anymore, so I will just buy a pretty one tonight.
Here is the recipe....

Impossibly Easy Sausage Breakfast Pie

1 pck (12oz) bulk pork sausage
1 small bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4oz)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick Mix
1 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs

Heat oven to 400*. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
In skillet, cook sausage, bell pepper and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage in no longer pink; drain. Mix sausage mixture, potatoes and 1/2 of the cheese. Spread in pie plate.
In a bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour into pie plate.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.

Sounds yummy to me!
Will let you know tomorrow :-)

No comments: