Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's Gonna Be A SUPER DAY!

FOOTBALL!
I used to hate football. Thought it was so boring. Nothing compared to hockey. Hockey is still my favorite sport, but football is now right behind it. I really do love most sports. I will watch almost all of the Olympics, especially the Winter Games. Summer ones to me can be a little bit boring. I think the Winter sports are so much more exciting.
But that is for another blog.
Today is all about FOOTBALL!
SUPER BOWL FOOTBALL!
We are having Katie and her Tim over and Robert's Dad and Stepmom Maryalice. So there will only be the 6 of us. I just put the chicken wings in the oven. They have been marinating all night in a homemade teriyaki of soy sauce, brown sugar, white sugar, karo syrup and garlic powder. Robert will be putting a rib roast on the rotisserie, and we will slice that up for sandwiches. After the wings are done, I will be making a hot crab dip that I have garlic bagel chips and fresh bread to dip in. And there will be the usual chips and vegis w/dips. For dessert I decided that I didn't feel like baking (to the great disappointment of Katie) and bought a variety pack cheese cake instead. And then Katie will be bringing swedish meatballs. I love meatballs, but I never make them. With the new cookbook from work that I have, there are some recipes in there for meatballs that I want to try. So I will do them sometime in the near future. I just need a reason! The hot crab dip that I'm making today is from that cookbook.
Yummmy food will be consumed all day long!
Oh....
I am picking the Saints by 10.

3 comments:

Mary/MI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary/MI said...

Dam, I wish we were neighbor! I would surely crash your party and hog the dip & roast sammies!!!
Have a SUPER BOWL time!
We are going to the VFW and watch the 1st half the game & then to our Sportsman club for the other half. or is it the other way around? I forget!lol!

ps that was my delete. I had to correct my errors :)

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

I wish we were too! But nooooo....you live all the way over on the other side of the states :-P