Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good Times @ the Auction

Had a good night at the auction. It was nice to spend time with Scott and Jody in a "normal" setting. I usually only see them at a campground! There were not as many items this year for the silent auction. Lots of wine and weekend getaways. Very few baskets. We ended up winning a Bowling, Brews & BBQ event and a lapis necklace and earrings set. I bid on that in the last half hour. I looked at it, but was not that interested at first. I think it was because I have been sick all week, and was still not 100% last night. I was just not that into what was being offered. I barely even drank! The horror!! But I kept going back, and no one was bidding on it. Towards the end, there ended up being only 2 or 3 bids. I was talking to Robert about how I had planned on spending $100 on a basket, but there wasn't anything. He asked why I had not bid on the jewelry. I told him I was thinking about it and the next bid would be $77. He told me to quit being a cheapskate and go bid on it. So I did. Then I told him I was not going to hover around it to keep upping the bid. With 5 minutes left I told him that I was going to go and see if anyone had outbid me. Nope. So I stood there and watched the last few minutes. I thought for sure someone was going to outbid me at the last second because there were 6 woman all standing right in front of it as they were counting down the time. With 30 seconds to go, they all turned around walked off! Weird. I have no idea why they were standing there. When they said the auction was closed, I walked over, crossed off the next amount and wrote closed on it. Last year Scott & Jody had won something, but when they walked away, someone wrote another bid on it. They were not happy.
So I am now the proud owner of this.....

It's a really pretty dark blue. And surprisingly light weight. I may just wear it to work tomorrow ;-)

No comments: