Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Brother.....

Today would have been my baby brother Rick's 40th Birthday. 40. I still can't believe that. He was 27 when he was taken from us, and now, he would be 40. He will forever be young. Here are some pictures of him, and by him. Obviously he did not take the baby picture :-)
But the others were taken by him.
Happy Birthday Rick.



Baby Rick. I could not find the same setting
but with the beautiful persian cat.


This is either momma kitty or Cally, not sure.


Nephew Kris. I have no idea how old he is here.


Momma Kitty.


Self Portrait.
This was before he cut his hair really short and grew a beard!

3 comments:

Lois Lane said...

Thinking of you today! xo

DreamaTexas said...

I left you a post on FaceBook. I wish no one had to be effected by tragedies in life. The first time I went through it I would listen to the audio version of the book Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People. I would continue to listen to it over the years. Hugs and prayers sent your way!I am glad that you have these photos. I take comfort in my photos also and letters. I even left Myspace up as a shrine to my dear friend Micheal & to Gary Jeffries. All of the many conversations that I had with Gary and he never told me how famous he was or that he had terminal cancer. I hope your brother is in Heaven listened to Gary's awesome music and to Michael's extremely funny sense of humor.

KarinaBee said...

I know you miss him every day, but birthdays and holidays and anniversaries can be really heavy-duty, can't they? They say a picture says 1000 words, but the emotions they stir up can't always but be put into words. I really like his self-portrait. The intensity in his eyes and the dimple in his chin with the light and shadows - I think it's a very beautiful image. Thanks for sharing these pictures of and by Rick. I'm going to go light a candle and wish him a Happy Birthday. Love you, GF! xoxoxo