Sunday, April 11, 2010

take me out to the ball game....

We just got home from our first baseball game in something like 2 years.
We didn't go to any games at all last year.
I wanted to go, but before we knew it, baseball season was over and the playoffs were starting.
I will be sure to have hubby get some tickets to Mariners this year.
I know Katie and Timmy want to take the train up to a game.
Not sure that I want to do that though.
Means you are stuck taking it back too.
I think I would rather go and stay the night and then drive back the next day.
I am not a fan of the train or buses.
Well....tour buses are fun, public transportation ones.....not so much.
The game was good.
They won.
Except one thing.
Why oh why do guys who have obviously been playing ball for a loooong time get themselves into a pickle?
They had a runner on first and third, no outs or maybe one out.
The guy on first tried to steal and the second and first basemen started to chase him down.
And the guy on third just stood there and watched.
It was at the beginning of the game, go for it!
Run home!
Your teammate is sacrificing himself to advance you and your standing there watching!
I would have at least made the attempt to score!
The inning ended with the guy still on third.
Other than that.....Good Win!

No comments: