Monday, November 10, 2008

Eggcellent Adventure




I have a new obsession. There is a game on Facebook called Hatchlings. You search for eggs that hatch into cute characters. They release new ones on Sunday nights, and sometimes another one during the week. It's always fun on Sunday to find the new one and then wait to see what hatches out of it. In fact...I enjoy this silly little hunt so much that I bought a Hatchlings mug! It's my new favorite cup to drink ice water out of! Last night they had 2 new ones. A red poppy egg with a Veteran on it, and one that hatched into a koi fish. The poppy was one that does not hatch, but still counts towards your "special" egg count. So far I have all of the special eggs. With a little help from a guy named Arnie. The last I checked he had found over 21,000 eggs. I have found over 4,000. There is one retired egg that you can "buy". But it costs 5,000 shells. You earn one shell for each egg that you find. So he spent some of his shells and bought me eggs that I did not have. It was really sweet of him. So I paid it forward, and did the same thing for a woman named Darlene. She was not able to find all of the Halloween eggs. So the other day I bought 5 of the retired Halloween eggs and sent them her way. She was so excited. Now I know why Arnie sent me the other ones. It feels good to do something so simple and silly, just to make a stranger happy.

6 comments:

Glynis said...

Hey Barb! I am really glad that you are enjoying Facebook. I wasn't at all into it when I first signed up, but now I find myself over there more than MySpace. Maybe that is because all the drama isn't on Facebook, who knows?

I must admit I haven't checked out all the hatchlings, and eggs, and extras...but you are making me think that I am really missing out on some fun. I promise to look!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Good Afternoon G!

How's your day going? I swear....you were so busy during the summer and could not wait for school to start, but I think you are even more busy now!

Take a little time for yourself!


Hugs...
~Barb~

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

oh and be sure to sign up for hatchlings on myspace. it will give me another nest to look in!!!
lol

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

crap.... i mean on facebook.

Glynis said...

OK, I will go and sign up for Hatchlings...but did you have to mention Nests!

A Slimmer Me said...

Isn't Hatchlings addictive?? LOL! I haven't seen the Koi fish before, and I had NO CLUE that they release new ones on Sundays! LOL I am glad that you are having such a fun time with it!!!

I have read your blog before, but my comments wouldn't make it through...here's to keeping my fingers crossed...lol...

Love,
Sarah