Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I guess I'm just unedjumakadid

Well I had the crap scared out of me this morning at 6:22AM. The phone rang and woke me up out of a deep sleep. I waited to for the answering machine to pick up to hear who it was. That was a long six rings, but I needed it to get my heart to stop racing. Then I heard my mom's voice all quivery and well that just set the ol heart off to the races again. "Barb? Are you home?" I picked up the phone in a panic with thoughts dashing through my head....accident??? had heart attack and in the hospital???? WHAT WHAT???? "Yeh. I'm here." She had locked her house keys in the house and could not get in. Sigh.....Thank god. I started to calm down. "OK....I will be right there to let you in." "No. I'm at work." Whaaaa??? I was confused. And still half asleep. She explained to me that she was warming up the car and scraping the frost off her windshield. When she was done she just closed her front door all the way and jumped in the car. Then she realized she had left her purse in the house with her house key in it. Why the hell she does not have her house key on the same key chain as her car key is beyond my comprehension at 6AM in the morning.....I love my mommy!

Yesterday at work an agent from our other office called to talk about his ad in the paper Sunday. I knew exactly what he was going to say. Last week when I was gone on Thursday he called and made 2 changes to his ad. I had changed the phrase "gentleman's room" to "gentlemen's room" and the word "its" to "it's" He was tweaked last week and wanted the words changed back to the way he had them. Since I was not working that day, someone in the office who has nothing to do with ads had to try and get a hold of someone to make the changes. All of the people who I have listed for these calls did not answer. She kept getting assistants or other people. She even sent a fax. Finally someone called her back and said the changes would be made. They weren't. He was pissed. Then he started giving me an English lesson on the proper usage of "its" and "it's". Not only did I not give a rip, I was right in the middle of training our other receptionist on how to do ad cards since she will be doing them on Sunday's now. I told the guy I was right in the middle of training and that he was just being to nit picky. I said the ads are full of improper words and terms and abbreviations, commas, apostrophes and everything else to make them fit. He was being too picky and that in the larger scheme of things it was not that big a deal. I told him that since I do not work on Thursday, all changes now had to be made by 3:00 on Wednesday. Nothing would be excepted after that. Then he proceeded to tell me that I was not allowed to make any changes to his ads. I was to input them exactly the way he gives it to me. Oh really? OK....I guess that means I will not be allowed to fix any of his typos, or add very important ad information that he forgets in every one of the ads he submits to me. Info that I guess just miraculously appears in his ads. Because you know....I am not allowed to make any changes to his ads. Until he sees what is printed in the paper the next time.

No comments: