Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Finally.......

I can believe it! I can!
Finally my America is back.
Finally my kids will be proud to say they are Americans.
Finally the world will respect us again.
Finally.....
I can not put into words how I feel right now. This is just so fantastic. I was in the CHAT room with friends. It made this night all the more special. To hear friends from all over the US and Canada cheer and cry. My Canadian friends were just as excited. It was like they just saw their President elected. I don't think some people realize just how important what happened tonight was. We came together as a Nation and said we are tired of being treated as second class citizens. We are all Americans. White, Black, Asian, Native American, Gay, Straight. We all have rights, we all have a voice. All we want is to support our families and be comfortable in our old age. Not too much to ask. Now I think we will have a chance to improve our lives and get back to where we were 8 years ago.
I have never been so proud to be an American. Thank you to all of my Obama supporting friends! I love you all! Too my friends who were McCain supporters, I love you too. You will come to love President Obama as much as we do, because we all will be in a much better place with him in the White House. You will see. It will all be good!

3 comments:

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

by the way....i know that canadians have a prime minister!

Sandie said...

Way to go, America!! We're finally moving forward again!

JenFK said...

Well said! :)

Happy new blog, too!