Monday, November 24, 2008

Oregon Coast
















We went to the Oregon Coast this weekend with our friends Scott & Jody. We ate tons of food again, and laughed and had a great time! We always eat way too good when we go camping. This time we had bbq'd steaks, grilled vegis, grilled red sweet potatoes and beer bread. Dessert was hot apples and cranberries with cinnamon and brown sugar and vanilla ice cream. And this was after a breakfast of biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, eggs, fruit and also lunch of Mo's clam chowder and fresh baked bread! LOL! Oiy.....





We just hung out at the Yaquina Head Light House and then walked around down below to look at the Harbour Seals. Then Jody and I dropped off the boys at the campsite so that they could get fire going, and Jody and I went to a scrapbook store that I saw. The store had some great Christmas embellishments that I needed!





I hope everyone else had a great weekend too.





Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday Week!










Hugs.....





~Barb~

3 comments:

Dreama said...

The photos are beautiful. Oregon is one of the states that I have not visited but know that I would enjoy.
This week end I went to a preThanksgiving tasting feast. I sampled Beef Wellington, ham with apricot glaze,mushroom stuffed pastry, spinach cheese pastry, Turtle cheese cake, butter creme filling chocolate layer cake, Eggnog & sparking apple cider.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! The Holidays are almost here! Wow!

Dreama said...

I meant to add that I lived in Sacramento when I was 19 and 20 years old but we always seemed to travel south. Although we were able to travel and see so much including Reno and Lake Tahoe. I intended to go north to the Redwood Forest and towards Oregan but then we decided to leave the military and move to Texas where my ex was offered a job that paid much more with the oil industry.
Okay, of to watch Obama do a news conference!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Good Morning Dreama~

I love it here in the Northwest. It really is so beautiful here. Robert was telling us this weekend that one of the guys from Cincinati who came out for some meetings last spring, loved it so much that he brought his family out for their 2 week summer vacation. They went all over. The gorge, the moutains, and the coast. There is so much to see and do here. We stayed at one of the Oregon State parks that we had not stayed at before. I loved it. I will go back there a lot!
OK....You ate waaaay better this weekend then I did!!!!