Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mondaycantgetoutabedcausemyheadisstillspinningfromalltheweekendboozeitis

I know it is not Monday, but I just got an email from my friend about her assistant being a regular Mondaycantget.....OK you get the point. I don't want to type that whole thing out again!
Why do people do that? Spend the weekend partying, or just sitting around getting their drunk on, and then when they feel like crap on Monday they call in sick. Oh they have a ton of excuses, but what it all boils down to is that they are not a loyal employee. I'm not taking about people who are truly sick. Like the the girls here this week. They are really sick the poor things. No, I'm referring to the regular Monday call ins. The people who take at least one Monday off a month because they are "sick". Who gets sick only on Monday? How weird is it that some people get sick 12 times a year, only on Monday? Why do they not get sick on Thursdays? Or why not just get a jump on your weekend and call in sick on Friday? Nope. It has to be Monday. I think there must be something more to it then just being hungover. If you drink that much over the weekend then you have major problems and need to get help. If you just can't get up enough energy to go to work on Monday to start your week off, then you need to quit your job because you are obviously not happy there. All you are doing is causing extra work for the people who have to cover for you. And, seriously, you look bad by doing this. No one believes that you are really sick. And we talk about you to. How does that feel? Kinda makes you feel like crap knowing that people are talking about you. "Gee....guess who called in sick today?' "No way! Well I'm not surprised. She always calls in sick on Monday." "Well I for one am sick and tired of covering for her." "I'm not doing her work today. I did it last time." You get the idea. People get frustrated when certain people take advantage of their employer. You are there to work, not take Monday's off because you are tired, or like I said before, hungover. Get some help. Deal with your issues so that you can get back to work. Or quit your job and find something that you truly wish to do. I'm so thankful that we don't have that particular disease here. I'm very lucky. But I did have to deal with someone who had that at my last place of employment. 11 years of that woman calling in regularly on Mondays. Not only was she not sick, but she was usually out of town and didn't want to come back to work. She was a pro at calling in sick and going out of town. But what she was not a pro at was covering up her lies. She was so stupid that she would come back to work and talk about her weekend in LA or wherever the heck she was. She, I'm not kidding here, would take up to 20 sick days a year! And that was on top of her 3 weeks of vacation! I could go the whole year with 3 sick days. In the 4 years that I have been working here, I did not have one sick day until we came back from Europe. So in my total 4 years, I have had 3 sick days. Now I realize that people do get sick. We all get sick at some point. But for the ones that get sick only on Mondays.....Get some help.

No comments: