Saturday, October 3, 2009

Beth Day!

My friend Beth came over today to make cards. I love Beth Day! It's so much fun to just sit at the table all day and make cards. Except when we goof. I little extra ink here...a little too much cut off there...not the right solid color to match the patterned paper.... It's all good though. There were many a time today where we both said "Shit!" or "Crap!" or "Damn it!" OK...maybe it was just me that used those words..but I know Beth wanted to say them. Actually I think she used the crap bomb a couple times. It was funny because when we first started, both of us were making mistakes. Which we usually never do. So it was kinda funny that we were both messing up. I tossed a whole front section of a card. And my black/cream card has a little ink line on it from where the ink pad hit the edge of the Happy Birthday stamp. But the card was completed and I didn't want to take it apart. It's just a little mistake. At least they will know for sure that it was hand made! I was tweaked that it even happened because I always run my finger down the side of the stamps to make sure that I remove any ink that is there. But it didn't all come off. Damn it anyway....All in all, I'm happy with what I got done. 9 cards in something like 4 hours. She got here at noon, but we went and picked up lunch and then had that first. I also had to bake her 2 bundt cakes. When I did the Junior Achievement fund raiser back around Easter, Beth bought 2 bundt cakes but did not want them at that time. She said "I will let you know when I need them" She called the other night..."I need them." So this morning before she got here I made her a lemon bundt cake and a chocolate one. I glazed them about half way through making cards. She is taking them to church tomorrow. The lemon one smells so good. One of these days I need to make one for us!
Not that I need that or anything....

1 comment:

DreamaTexas said...

Is my Christmas card made yet??? Everyone got theirs all nice and handcrafted.