Sunday, October 4, 2009

Found a good use for the pineapple....

This wine was really good. Very sweet and fruity. It was given to us as a gift in Hawaii. Our friends Debbie and Jerry gave that to us when we went over to their condo for dinner in Kihei. I wanted to bring it home so I wrapped it up in a ton of clothes and checked it in my bag. And it made it! I always worry that something like that will break.
Here is tonights yummy dinner!

Hubby planned all week what he wanted to cook for dinner tonight. He roasted a chicken smothered in sweet & sour sauce and then we cut that up and had it over rice with green peppers, red peppers, onion, cabbage and some of the pineapple that we brought back from Hawaii. It was so yummy. Katie found out what we were having for dinner and she...once again...mooched some dinner off us. This has become a Sunday ritual for her. Find out what mom & dad are having and if it sounds good...show up! I love it though. She usually takes some leftovers for Tim, but this time she didn't want the vegis with the cabbage on it, so I just put some together for my lunch tomorrow. Makes it easy for me! Other than that, I have had a nice relaxing Sunday. Just hanging around with the kitties and hubby. Met up with my sister and niece for a walk this morning. We have been so good with our walks. I have not been weighing myself because I don't want to think about this as having to exercise to lose weight. (which is the truth) I just really want to get in shape. To me that means having more energy, being able to walk, bike whatever without feeling tired and winded. So I am walking. My feet are pissed off at me, but they will get used to it!
Looking forward to having a good week.
Hope you are too!

No comments: