Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Week

I bought Halloween candy yesterday. I know I bought too much, but you just never know. And Bryan and Celina are coming down this weekend, so they will be here if we end up with extra. We were gone last year for Halloween, and we both kinda wanted to skip town again this year. But when Bryan said he was thinking of coming down, and my sisters grandson might be coming down, I decided not to push leaving. If the grandbaby does make it down with his mommy, then I will go Trick-or-Treating with them. If they don't make it down, I will hand out candy with hubby. When our kids were small we used to get tons of tricksters wanting treats. 300+ of them. Every year. For years. Now we get less than 20. It's sad. Our neighborhood grew up, and now we just don't get as many. I loved finding costumes for the kids. One year my friend Beth and I made a Cinderella dress for Katie. Of course Beth did all the hard work. I mean come on....the woman can make the most gorgeous Prom and Wedding dresses. So I just helped....if you can even call it that. My favorite costume of Bryan's was when he wanted to be Charlie Chaplin. I think he was maybe 7. It was hilarious. When he and Celina were seniors they were going to Homecoming, which is always a costume dance. The theme that year was Stranded. So what did they want to be? Pirates??? Nope. People stranded on a deserted island with their clothes all tattered and torn?? Nope. A coconut and a banana. So I took an old brown M&M costume and converted it into a coconut for Bryan, and then made a banana outfit for Celina. Would you believe 6 years later and Celina not only still has the banana, but she is going to wear it to the Halloween party they are going to Saturday. I will get pictures for sure!

No comments: