Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Idol Makers

American Idol started last night. I really like the new judge, Kara DioGuardi. She's feisty, but still nice. And a little more coherent than Paula! Just kidding. I love Paula. She cracks me up. I was laughing so hard last night at some of the "contestants". You know that some of them are there just to get on TV. Some, well, I think some really are delusional and just don't have a grasp on reality. There was that one guy who, I don't even know how to describe what he was doing. But it was not singing. It was scary. He kinda freaked me out a little. If I was making a movie and needed someone to play a psycho, he would be my first call. Wow, that was harsh. But the guy really creeped me out. I also think the black man who was singing really really lower-than-Barry-White-low, was faking it. He couldn't even breathe as he was trying to sing. So my thinking is that he was forcing the low voice and when you do that you can't take in a breath at the same time. Try it. Does not work. At least I can't do it.
Now....as for 'Bikini Girl"...what a bitch. I did not like her at all. I thought she was a horrible singer. I thought she was terribly rude to Kara. Kara has a beautiful singing voice, and this chick had the nerve to say she didn't sing any better than her. WTH???? I'm hoping that in Hollywood she gets swallowed up by all of the good singers, and is eliminated in the first round of cuts. I can't stand it when girls think they can sing like Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera and they are not even close to hitting one of their notes. Granted her butt is better than Mariah's, but until she can learn to sing out of it, she needs to go!
So far I do not have a favorite. I need to hear more of their singing before I pick one. And I need to learn more about them as a person. If I don't like their personality, then I usually stop liking their singing. Like David A last year. I didn't care for him after the first couple shows. He came across as way to "prepared" and nothing seemed natural about him at all. He got on my nerves. Towards the end of the season I just couldn't stand to hear him at all. Bleck.
When I have a favorite, or when I find someone really interesting that I am going to keep an eye on, I will let you know!

No comments: