Saturday, January 24, 2009

Living Will

Well. I'm getting up there in age. I'm getting so close to....45.....oiy....Just kidd'n. I just feel lucky to be here. A friend at work shared this with me yesterday. Thought I would pass it along. It's good for a giggle!

LIVING WILL

I__________, being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means.
Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of pinhead politicians who could not pass ninth grade biology if their lives depended on it, or lawyers/doctors interested in simply running up the bills.
If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to ask for at least one of the following:
Glass of Wine
Chocolate
Sex
Margarita
Cold Beer
Chocolate
Fried Chicken
Gravy
Sex
Mexican Food
Chocolate
French Fries
Chocolate
Pizza
Sex
Cake
Italian Food
Chocolate

It should be presumed that I won't ever get better. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my appointed person and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes, let the "fat lady sing", and call it a day!

I know some of us have had a very trying January. I hope this can at least make you smile.
~Barb~

5 comments:

Adriana said...

Morning, er afternoon, Barb! That was hilarious... especially that sex and chocolate are on there multiple times :)

Word: gyneg

DreamaTexas said...

Haha! Too funny. I'm going to see if I can copy and paste this to my sister.
Have a great day Barb & Adriana and Renee, Glynis, Donna and anyone else who might stop by.

Glynis said...

Barb, I love this! Too funny!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend. I am off to try to get some stuff done in this house, but wanted to pop in and say HI.

Take care and I will talk to you later...after chocolate and sex I hope! LOL!!

word: astant

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

LOL! Glad you guys enjoyed it! Yep...sex and chocolate. All a girl really ever needs! Oh...and diamonds!
I am off to read some more of Breaking Dawn.

word: sodists

Sentence: Sodists is where all the cool peeps hang!

hartldo said...

That definitely gave me a chuckle. Even in light of just losing Dad. Ya know, he had a living will. He didn't want any of the stuff that was happening to him. The hospital told us that a living will isn't worth the paper it's printed on. They still did what THEY wanted.