Sunday, January 25, 2009

Old Man Winter......





First off...Donna, I'm so very sorry about your father passing. I know these past several weeks have been so trying and downright frustrating for you. I'm not going to say that it's over, because now you are going to be grieving for him, but it will be a different set of emotions. I know this is nothing new to you, for you have lost a brother like I have. But I am aware that it will be conflicting emotions because of the relationship you had with him. I love you and I am here for you if need to talk....
_________________________________

Old Man Winter showed up here again. We woke up to about 1-2" of snow. It's beautiful. Not enough to cause any driving problems, but enough to coat everything in that beautiful fluffy white snow. I'm going to gave to send Bonnie and Glynis messages to see if they have snow this morning too.
I have taken a couple pictures to share.
Today Mr BarbWa and I are going to go to a movie. It will either be Frost/Nixon or Paul Blart:Mall Cop. He always gets to pick when we see a movie. I go so often and he rarely sees a movie in a theater. So I let him. I figure if I do, then maybe we can go to the movies together more often. Doesn't work, but it's getting better! I think the last movie he saw in the theater was Burn After Reading. His other choices last year were National Treasure 2, Hancock and Tropic Thunder. So as you can see, the possibility of Frost/Nixon is very exciting to me!

2 comments:

DreamaTexas said...

First off let me acknowledge Donna and send her my love and prayers. I have not lost a parent yet but I have lost one of my twin cousins named Donna Jean. I lost the Aunt who raised my Mom and who took care of me when I was born. I lost a dear friend last Christmas. I lost a girlfreind years ago to murder.Her husband was murdered also. And my friend lost his two year old grandson last Thanksgiving. These things are never easy. I have so much sympathy Donna for what you are going through and I am here and will continue to send prayers your way that you and your family can get through this pain.
Barb the photos of the snow are always soothing to me. I always enjoy seeing them.
ReneeEve I hope John is feeling better today. It seems like you all always go through so much.
Last night we went to Jasons Deli and then watched Swing Vote. I highly recommend it.

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

ugh....We just got back from....Paul Blart:Mall Cop. It had it's moments, but not that great.
Cheesy lines like "I'll meet you aht corner of Nev and Er." Said with a growl....
Thinking of you Donna. I hope are doing OK today.