Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ooof....


We had a little catastrophe yesterday.
Katie's Timmy came over to help take down the outside Christmas lights and help Robert get the boxes back up into the attic. I was in the house when I heard a huge crash. I figured they dropped a box when they were passing them to each other. I have always been the "passer" in years past, and I have never dropped a box! So I went to go investigate the damage, to see what they broke. I opened the garage door and looked out to see 2 legs dangling from the ceiling! Boy that was a shock! Tim was struggling to keep from falling through to the garage and Robert was stuck where he was because of the ladder and the boxes. So Tim let out a huge ooof noise and then a primal yell and pulled himself back up into the attic. If he had fallen all the way through he would have either hit the truck snow tires stacked there, bounced off of them into the boxes, or went into the tires, which would have been horrible. I'm positive he would have broken a bone somewhere on his body. As it is, I'm worried that he has tweaked his back or something. I kept asking him the rest of the day, but he swears he is OK. But I also think he was moving a little slowly when he left hours later and had to bend over to pick something up. Katie is in Whistler, so she can't be my eyes until Wednesday. I feel horrible thinking he may have hurt himself helping us. Robert didn't want to go up there when he is finally getting his back to feeling normal. I asked Tim what had happened. He said that he was walking on the wood planks up there, and he stepped on one and it snapped in half causing him to fall onto the sheet rock and that broke as soon as his weight hit it causing him to fall through the ceiling. Robert is going to take out all of the planks now and replace them with large sheets of plywood. That stuff has been up there for over 18 years. I guess it's time to replace it.
I just hope Tim is OK. The ceiling can be fixed.....

2 comments:

DreamaTexas said...

Wow,what are the odds?!
David's house had a fire last Christmas. His house was built in 1980ish and the city inspector said the ceiling had to be rebuilt with stronger planks etc. because there are now new building codes.
I am glad both men are okay!
I am going back down with my Vicks Vaporizer.
I think tonight there will be a new episode of Desperate Housewives. I missed the final episode last season so I don't know if Lynette offed that guy or not.

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

I have not been watching DH. What guy is she suppose to have offed???? I have seen a few shows, but not many.
Tonight I am going to watch the Golden Globes. This afternoon has been spent making cd's of my Europe trip pictures to give to Robert. We are making a book of your trip. Can't wait to get it done!