Friday, January 9, 2009

Romance from the 70's

When I went to bed last night, hubby had been watching a James Bond movie that was now over. He was sound asleep and I ended up watching what had come on after the movie. An infomercial plugging the Time Life Romance songs from the 70's. I was transfixed. I could not turn the darn thing off. Song after song would play a line and I would be transported back to my bedroom at my childhood home, laying in bed in the dark listening to these songs. I loved that music. It made me feel so good to listen to them. I wanted more, but Tony Orlando teased me with only one line. I have had Roberta Flack singing in my head all morning..."The first time....ever I saw your face..." So beautiful. And Helen Reddy, Anne Murray, Leo Sayer! Do you remember Leo Sayer? Kenny Rogers singing "She believes in Me..." Another great one...Jennifer Warnes "Right Time of the Night" or Janis Ian "At Seventeen". How about "Please Come to Boston" by Dave Loggins?
I really would love to buy this set, but it's ridiculously priced. At least I think it is. 10 CD's for $149.95 w/free shipping, and a free bonus CD! The regular set ends up being just over $1 per song, but who wants to put out $150 bucks for CD's??? I want too. But I wont.....
I took off the feedjit. I really enjoyed seeing where people came from who stopped by to read the blog, but I had a really nasty virus on my computer, so I took off all applications that could have spyware attached to it. Bummed me out because I liked seeing that people from all over the world stopped by. I'm not sure about Facebook now either. My computer guy told me to google "Facebook spyware" and read up on the applications that people use there. I only found info on one of them, but it makes me wonder how many have spyware and viruses attached to them. Scares me now....Why do people have to mess with ordinary peoples computers? I just don't get it. We were talking about it here at work and have come to the conclusion that it is all supported by the people who make computers and software so that you have to continue to buy products. Makes sense to us!

3 comments:

DreamaTexas said...

Oh so I am not the only one who gets caught up listening to these 70's songs at bedtime and then ends up staying up past midnight not able to turn them off.
I head read Poz Mikey's message on Face Book and said there was a virus in Hatchlings. Bummer. I am now running Safari which I downlaoded. My computer is better protected and is running faster. I also bought anti hacking tools since Myspace gets hacked so much. People should have better things to do with thier time then creating viruses and hacking but unfortunately they just don't.
I am finally feeling some relief to my congestion. I used a nettie pot which Ross has showed on his vblogs. I asked how this worked for other people and right away three bloggers told me yes use it so I went to Walmart and got it. Ahhh, I can breathe!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Mikey did say that he thought Hatchlings had one. I just don't want to give it up. I'm hoping that the creator of it will fix the problems. I know the guy has gotten new hardware, but not sure about the virus protection of it. I'm just hoping now that I have enough of the newest virus protection to keep it away. My computer guy said my other stuff was outdated. I am going to try tonight and then run the malwarebytes and see if anything comes up.

DreamaTexas said...

I just checked EBay and along with the One Hit wonders I found a bunch of 70's hits. I saw this CD new for $6.Some of my 70's CDs I bought from EBay and a few i found at Best Buy. You can buy anything with confidence on EBay. Just always use Paypal and your purchase is protected.
Track listing
1. Joy to the World - Three Dog Night
2. Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh
3. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
4. Gypsy Woman - Brian Hyland
5. Ain't No Woman (Like the One I Got) - The Four Tops
6. La Freeway - Jerry Jeff Walker
7. Drift Away - Dobie Gray
8. Sooner or Later - The Grass Roots
9. On and On - Steven Bishop (bonus track)
10. Crazy Love - Poco (bonus track)