Tuesday, June 9, 2009

*B*U*N*C*O*

YAY! I get to play BUNCO tonight! I love playing BUNCO. I used to have a group that I played with for a few years a long time ago. It was fun. I miss playing. It got to be where it was too hard to get subs. If you don't know anything about BUNCO, you have 12 people in your group and you meet once a month. If someone can't make it that night, you have to find a sub for them. We were having to get at least 4 subs a month and it just got ridiculous, so we stopped. I would love to put another group together but its hard to find 12 women willing to meet once a month. One of the ladies that I work with has a group with her daughters. This is the second time she has asked me to sub when its at her house. Of course I jumped right on that! I know its just a silly dice game, but its all about getting a group together and having fun once a month. And winning fun prizes! And eating good food! And having dessert! LOL! I'll let you know if I win any prizes. I didn't last time.
Katie and I donated plasma again today. I took my money and put it away for Hawaii. I think I will go back again really early Thursday and do it again. I would have to get there right at 7am though. I'm having lunch with Jenny at 11:30, so I would have to be done by 11am. It makes it worth it to go twice in a week because you get paid more the second time you go. I was only paid $25 today. I would get another $35 if I went again in the same week. Do I need the money? No. It's just kinda fun. Well maybe not fun, just different. You just sit there and then get paid. I took my Sony Reader to read while donating, and I didn't know that the battery had died. Thank God they had a good movie on to watch, even though I had to read the closed caption. It was Heath Ledger's The Four Feathers. So it made it go pretty fast.
Not mush else.
Just me rambling......

1 comment:

Glynis said...

FUN? Don't you get blood drawn to donate plasma? I hate needles. It just doesn't sound too fun, but I would do it if it was nearby and I felt the need. Right now I know my friend Barb is donating twice a week though. LOL

I have been invited to sub at BUNCO just once and I was so excited to learn how to play. What a bummer when we didn't even play the darn game because everyone was so busy chatting.

OK this word is even worse that the one on yesterday's blog:
ouseqw