Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After.....

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I know I did. We had our first White Christmas. It snowed pretty hard for a couple hours in the morning. It was so beautiful. I took pictures all day long, but I was at my sisters until late last night, and then I had to drive my mom home in the snow. Pretty scary, but I did it. So I did not have a chance to upload any of the pictures. I will do it tonight for tomorrows blog.
Robert surprised me yesterday by giving me a gift of a framed copy my favorite Europe picture that I took. He wanted to frame a large copy of it, but he only had access to the one online that I had reduced. He didn't want to ask me for my cd of all of my pictures. It would have ruined the surprise. He told me that if I would give him the cd he will make a bigger copy for me. I loved it. He also gave me a digital frame. We are only suppose to exchange gifts with each other that fit in our stockings, but we both bought each other stuff that was too big to fit in them! Our big gift to each other this year is to remodel the craft room. I know that sounds like it's just a gift for me, but he's tired of looking at all of my stuff just shoved in there! That room is actually organized right now though because Bryan and Celina wanted to sleep in there instead of in the Family Room like they have been.
Yesterday at my sisters house we had a good time. My nephew was there with his baby Richie. He is so freaking cute! My god that kid is adorable. I don't think his mommy Melissa would want his picture on here or I would post one. But yesterday they surprised us by having him recite the poem Twas the Night Before Christmas. The kid is a year and 8 months! He can do the whole poem. It was so cute. James has it all on video and we are trying to convince them to send it in to America's Funniest Home Videos, but they won't do it. We told them that it could be his college education all paid for, but James said "I won't exploit my child for money!" And then he would crack up. We will all work on them to get it sent in. Another thing they would do with Richie is to say "Richie...you have the most beautiful eyes!" to which he would bat his eyelashes. It was so cute.
So I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday! I did!
~Barb~

5 comments:

Glynis said...

Hey Barb! I am really glad to know you had a wonderful Christmas. It was especially cool to have a white Christmas, just like the one's I've NEVER known! It was magical, but now I am ready to move on. It is still snowing here and I am having some major cabin fever. OY VAY!

I will look forward to seeing your photos on tomorrow's blog.

Have a great evening and hope to chat with you again soon.

DreamaTX said...

Hey Barb & Glynis! We had a great Christmas.
Today I gave Cinnamon a bath and I accidently hurt her hip area. Of course her Vet is closed until Monday. I went to Walmart and picked up doggy aspirin and joint tablets. She ate her dood food. She wagged her tail for me.
Now she seems sick to her stomach but I'm just not sure. I'm trying to remember why the Vet gave me Benadryl in the past. It seemed that it was for more than allergies. I'm trying to remember but maybe I will go back to Walmart and pick some up. I hate it when she isn't feeling good and the Vet is closed. It always seems that things only happen when the Vet is closed.Why is that?!
Okay, well I am going to go back and peek in on her. again.

DreamaTX said...

I'm not sure what I did to hurt her hip area. I always give her a bath in the tub and then I lift her up and kind of squeeze the excess water off of each leg. I keep replaying it in my mind trying to figure out what happened. Amicus had told me one time her big dog jumped out of the car like he always did and tore a ligament. I wish dogs could speak......

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Hi G and Dreama...
G...I have been really enjoying the snow, until we have to drive in it. It's really slushy now and 4WD doesn't even make a difference. Sorry I couldn't go into chat with you guys last night. I was at my sisters and we were playing a game called Fact or Crap. It was fun. Katie won.

Dreama....I'm so sorry about your little doggie. Does your vet not have an emergency number??? I would keep trying the doggie asprin and try to keep her comfy until Monday. Can she walk or does she have to hold her leg up? Poor thing. Amicus deleted her myspace or you could have sent her a message.

DreamaTX said...

Hey Barb..I finally got a return phone call from the Vet who is on call. I called his answering service "twice". He called me when I was driving over to Walmart for Benadryl. My Pekingese can stand and walk but it is hurting her to do so. He told me to give her the Benadryl to keep her off of the back legs and give her another aspirin in the morning but not on an empty stomach. If she doesn't feel better in the morning then I think I will just call other Vets. I do have an animal rescue friend who went through this same problem. I'm going to ask her opinion also. I could have sworn she told me that her Vet gave her more than aspirin but maybe because it was a large breed dog. The bad thing is that Cinnamon's first year of life she was in the care of a breeder and she was not fed a good diet that would make her strong and healthy. She only weighed 9 pounds when I got her and the breeder had her on Ole Roy. In no time I had her stabilized at 11 1/5 pounds and on Science Diet.
I have Amicus's e-mail address but I have a feeling that she changed that also. I will miss her. She was a lovely person and we both shared a deep love for animals.
I'm going to bed and turn on the Weather Chanel. Last night I fell asleep watching it and I remember drifting in and out of sleep and hearing the same story about the unusual snow in Spokane. Years ago I got caught in a blizzard in Reno. Cars were slipping and sliding every where and hundreds of cars were pulled over along the side of the highway except for us. We had snow chains. My ex drove and I used a big hair brush to clean the window when the wiper blades would get jammed. Oh to be young and care free again, ignorant or what ever it was!...
Awww Glynis I didn't know you were going to the chat room. I am assuming that is the Ross chat? I haven't been over there in a month. I used to go every night but a cyber troll kept invading it so I was waiting for that ickyness to go away.