Sunday, December 21, 2008

There's Got to Be a Morning After.....

Robin Redbreast sitting in the holly tree.
Anyone want to roast some marshmallows????

This is what 8" of snow looks like!

Katie last night on our walk.

Doing Marge from Fargo! "Gonna barf...." I have sweats on over jeans. Makes me look kinda big! LOL!

WOW! Snow is so beautiful. I love it. Thank goodness this all happened on the weekend. Robert had to get up at 3AM this morning to take Katie and my mom to work. They both are price changers so they had Sunday ads to set. Both of them had to be to work by 4AM. Mom was a half hour late, which was fine. Most likely there will be a ton of people calling in saying that they can not get into work. The area that we live in is very hilly. So you have to have snow routes. Katie and Mom's snow routes are "Call Robert to take me to work!" Actually, Katie drove over here yesterday afternoon when we only had about 4" on snow. She didn't even have to put the chains on her car. She said it only got bad when she was about a mile from the house. Last night Katie and I took a nice walk in the snow. It was not too cold, just really hard to walk in 8" of snow! We walked over to a small hill and watched a guy take a little girl down the hill on a sled. She was giggling. It was so cute. I love to hear kids giggle! This hill is perfect for little kids. It's just big enough to give them a thrill, and it goes right into a big field, so no chance of ending up in the street. And the hill is too small for the bigger kids to care about. There is a park down the street where we started going to sled when the kids were in high school. That is a good one for the bigger kids! Katie is thinking about going there with her snowboard after work! Fun stuff....

Not so fun stuff now is the 1/4" of ice. We really lucked out that we did not get the freezing rain that they had predicted. A 1/4" just breaks. It did make it kind of hard for me to walk out and try to take some pictures. The plan was to go to the end of the backyard and take pics from there, but...yeh...not happening. I could not even get off the deck!

Today will be a great day to just sit and finish the scrapbooks. I think I have everything I need to finish the 14 and then start on the baby one! YAY! Wish me luck and productivity!

1 comment:

Glynis said...

I loved all your snow photos! So much nicer and peaceful than our evening. I am just so glad last night is over. Well, until next time!

8 different Maids a Milking Barb!
EIGHT! Ugh... I have cow eggs to find.

Enjoy the warmth of the fire and the joy of scrapbooking. Sounds like the perfect winter day!!