Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like.....The North Pole!




I'm sorry kids. Christmas may be canceled. It's crazy out there. When they were predicting the storm of the century here, well they were not kidding. But then of course this century is only 8 years old! We, thank goodness, did not get the high winds and freezing rain on top of the first 8" of snow. We did get 1/4" of ice, but that can be dealt with. But yesterday we got another 2" of snow, and over night there was another 2". So we now have a grand total 12"!!!!! We have not had this much snow since I was a kid. I think the reports in the paper said we had something like 15" one year when I was 4 or 5. We have had a couple really nasty Silver Thaws, where you get a inch or more of ice. In fact, we had enough ice in the street one year where Robert and Bryan went out and played ice hockey in front of the house.
So I am posting a couple more pics from this morning. I'm sure whoever stops by is getting tired of seeing my snow pictures, but this is epic!

Stay Safe!

~Barb~

4 comments:

Renee Eve said...

Hi Barb,

We also have now about 14" as of last night we did get a couple inches of snow since the big storm on Friday. I LOVE IT for Christmas, LOL. I enjoy looking at your pictures they look just like my yard, LOL all full of SNOW. Well I have TONS to do between Wed. morning so if I don't stop in between now and Christmas

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!!!!

Love,
Renee Eve xoxoxoxooxox

Adriana said...

BARB!!! I'm not sick of the snow pics.... it's like y'all n the puppy pics. I don't see snow so I think the pics are all SO beautiful! I say as long as it keeps snowing keep the photos coming :D

It's cold for where I live.... right now it's 44 here. It's supposed to be in the 80s for Christmas.... swimming anyone? LOL

Word: saledch

DreamaTX said...

Hi ReneeEve. xoxo
Like Adriana who lives just south of me today is cold...and rainy but on Christmas Day it will be 70 and sunny.
I never get tired of looking at snow photos..or puppy dog photos;)
I skimmed Rossblog and saw that his flight to WA was canceled and he will spend Christmas alone in L.A. My sister will be spending her first Christmas alone also. She must work on Christmas Eve & Christmas at AT&T in the new city that they transfered her to. Bummer. Her son is driving in to spend with us since she has to work so for that I say Yay!
Thank you Barbara for always giving us the blogs and photos. I appreciate all that you do.
How does one walk in a foot of snow if their snow boots only reach 10" high?
I am off to watch Jay Leno with my Godiva hot cocoa. Then I'm going to take a bubble bath and dive under my electric blanket!! I don't do cold weather and neither does my Pekingese. Brrrr!!!

Renee Eve said...

Good Early Morning, LOL, I will be burning the midnight oil the next few days, its my own fault I work best under pressure. LOL

Dreama it is very, very hard to walk in that much snow, I went outside last night to help the boys take the garbage out, we had someone plow our snow with almost a foot of snow its hard to shovel, especially when your hubby has the snowblower apart getting it ready for winter HA. But buy our garbage cans the snow was up to my knees NO JOKE my knees I know I'm short 5'3" I could hardly walk but it was also 1* outside so I walked in the house and told my husband who is 6'5" to please go and get the bags of garbage from the side of the garage, he threw them to Anthony and Vincent and they took them to the curb. I don't put cans out in the winter because it seems every Monday its Windy and I'm chasing garbage cans down the street, not fun. I do put the recycling bin out thats a law in the city I live in but they just put it in the snow and it stays put.

Barb, you must be BUSY today, but I'm glad you put a blog up. As soon as my husband gets around to it hes gonna upload the flip software on our computer so Vincent can put some of the movies he took of the snow, hopefully tomorrow, he only works until 2:00 pm they have their annual Christmas Pizza Party, he usually stays about an hour and comes home to spend time with us. Well wish me luck, on burning the midnight oil so I get ALOT done.