Monday, February 9, 2009

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......


**Picture was taken by hubby early in our Christmas week snowstorm**
It's cold again. They are saying we could get snow again tomorrow. Snow away. I don't work tomorrow! Last night the News said that we are going to get snow. And the paper this morning said that the higher elevations and the Gorge will get up to 6". What a weird and freaky Winter we are having. Usually around here we get one week of snow, ice or combo of both, every 6 six or so years. This year it just keeps coming. Now it melts right away, but still. With the exception of the Christmas week snow. That was a LOT of snow! I'm so cold right now that my rings keep twisting on my fingers from the cold shrinkage! I even have the portable heater plugged in at my desk.
We are still having problems with our "friend" who keeps coming in to the office. The week before she came in 6 of 7 days. Last week she did not come in until Friday and Saturday. Friday was bad. I went to the door to ask her if she had an appt with anyone and she literally pushed her way past me to get in. Ugh....We all feel so bad for her because we know she is having mental health issues, but we are trying to work. It's not like she is a family member and you really care about her and need to guide her along, or just sit and talk to her. We just can't do that here. It's sad and so frustrating at the same time. She has snuck in the back door a couple of times now too. The poor weekend receptionist has had to lock the front door now too because if she steps away from her desk and the woman comes in, she starts wandering around the office. Once she gets in, it takes 15 minutes or more to get her back out. She used to pin people in their office for up to 30 minutes. That is why we have had to stop her now from wandering around the office. Regardless of how sad her situation is, no wants to sit around and visit with her anymore. The past 3 years that she has been coming by have just become to much for anyone to handle anymore. I found out this morning that the owners are now doing something about the situation. I hope it helps.

1 comment:

DreamaTexas said...

That is a bummer that people with mental issues aren't treated. I see it here more and more. I see it on the Internet a lot! WTH, It's like every nut job owns a computer and knows how to type.Their should be programs that would take them in.
This has been one crazy winter. I was just asking someone what happened to Al Gore's global warming.
Everyone is over at Facebook playing! I watched The Bachelor. Next week DeAnna shows up.DeAnna just isn't the one for him. She remarked that she did not want to deal with his ex wife. He's a very smart man so I think he actually will end up finding his future wife.
Good night!