Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Sunday


Hey guys! I hope everyone has been having a great weekend.
First off....
RE...so sorry your guy is sick. I hope he gets better soon. I was so miserable when I was sick last October. I feel for him.
Dreama...I will have to remember to try some of your suggestions to RE if/when I do get a bad cold again!
LL/NN....So good to see you stop by today. I have been thinking of you and Lane 1 since I read your blog earlier. I'm so sorry for what he has gone through this weekend. It's a really hard way to learn the lesson of drinking and driving. My thoughts are with you and your family.
G....I always liked taking the kids to Birthday parties. It was so much fun to go out buy the gifts and wrap them. Hope K has fun today! And yes, the B&N guy was fantastic. I do love that extra step that some take in customer service!
Adri....I'm so bummed that your parents won't let you go to Seattle with them. I would have driven up to meet you. I'm sure I could have twisted G's arm to meet us for lunch or something. Maybe you can get your parents to take you if you show them that you have filled out 10 applications to apply for jobs? It's a thought. They should realize that there are very few jobs out there right now. You just finished college and it's tough out there. Both of the kids significant others are struggling to find work. It's a thought. Maybe you should ask them.

Hubby and I just got back from seeing the new Liam Neeson movie Taken. It was soooo good. A sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat movie. Hubby said he lost count on the body count. If you like action thrillers this movie is for you!
now I am off to put away laundry....you know how I hate to do that....and then sit in front of the fire and read my book!

5 comments:

Shirley(NCC-1701) said...

Barb congrats on 100 plus blogs. I don't stop by very often, but I enjoy reading what you have to say. I hope you continue writing many more hundreds of blogs. ((HUGS))

Glynis said...

Woohoo, Shirley's in da house! Hi Shirley!!

K had a great time at the birthday party and has decided she wants her party to also be at the community pool. HURRAY! Finally, an easier birthday party to plan!! I also got the kids signed up for mid-winter break camp... so no need to feel like I have to entertain the kids! WHEW!

Adri, you MUST come to Seattle with your parents. Tell them you have friends up here to visit (OK, and to meet, but still!) I would LOVE to meet you and Barb for lunch. We need to find a way to convince the parents!!

Back to organizing my downstairs office and now guest room. My neighbor was getting rid of a very nice twin bed and I have been wanting to find a way to get a bed for this room... so Voila! We had to take down all the shelving though, so now I am reorganizing all the stuff I was storing on those shelves. YIKES!

See you all later on FB!!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Thanks Shirley! I have missed you! Hope you are well.
G....the party sounds like a blast! It was always so hard to plan anything for Katie because her b-day fell during Christmas Break. She did have some parties, but I can not for the life of me remember if she had parties every year when she was younger. I do remember her 13th. We a group of her friends to one of the Malls in Oregon where there was an ice rink. Bryan had hockey practice. So we let the girls wander the Mall until he was done. Then we surprised Katie and the girls with a limo waiting outside to take them to dinner. The limo drove them to downtown Portland to the restaurant and then afterwards he drove them around downtown and then let them stop at a place for ice cream. They had a blast.

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

We did meet them at the restaurant. Made it sounds like we just let a group of 13 year olds run around!

Adriana said...

Hello ladies :)

Well, try as I may, it ain't gonna happen. Mom n dad's extra $$ is going towards putting my bro through EMT Paramedic school, so I really can't complain. Mom said they barely have enough miles for dad to go.... Oh, well :( I wish I had a job n could take time off n afford to go... and so do they LOL. But don't worry Barb and Glynis - One day I WILL go up there! So just don't move hahaha :D

I had a crazy sinus headache when I woke up...it's been extremely windy down here so everything is getting kicked up :( I feel a bit better, though I just stayed in bed most of the day.

Word: ennient - sounds French haha!