Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Haiku Spring.....



As the sun warms earth
I see the buds rise above
The ground still frosty

Flying to the tree
Tiny birds settle softly
On budding branches

A chill in the air
I try to ignore and reach
To the sun with glee

By Barbara Gordon

How fun! I have not written a Haiku since..gosh...who knows! Elementary school? Not sure, but it was fun! I may have to do this again.
It is such a beautiful day. I have the windows open, even though it is still very cold outside. But the sun was calling me. I went outside in search of Spring and took a couple pictures. It's coming! It's at least trying!

1 comment:

DreamaTexas said...

I love to see the first buds of spring. The days are getting longer here. Spring is just a few weeks away!!!It won't be long now until wildflower season. OMG, I just can't wait as it is my second favorite time of the year. Christmas is first.Every spring I take off with camera in hand and take a gazillion pictures.
Word rasile