Sunday, February 1, 2009

IT'S GONNA BE A SUPER SUNDAY!



Super Bowl Sunday baby! Not that I really care. I'm just trying to get pumped up for football. LOL! Just kidding. I actually do like football. But if it wasn't for Bryan having played for so many years, I'm not sure that I would be. I still think everything should be a penalty. Do they call them "penalties" in football? Basketball it's called a foul. Soccer you get yellow or red cards. In hockey it's definitely penalties. A lot of penalties!
I'm looking forward to the commercials. I will let you know tomorrow what my favorite one was, or I will just come on later and leave a comment. I love the eTrade Baby ones. They crack me up. They have been showing one during the movie previews at the theater, and it's outtakes. It's the same one they have had on the internet all week. I love the part where the baby is stuck in his crib way in the back of the room and he says "Mom said I needed a timeout. This is bull****! BULL****!!" SO funny!
As for my pick to win....I have been trying to keep quiet about that because I seem to jinx my teams every time I pick one! And I really don't want a certain team to win! LOL! Figure THAT out!
Can't wait for halftime to see Bruce. That should be good. But the main show for us is the pre-show because JOURNEY is playing! They will get one song played live on NBC. Wonder what it will be? I'm saying Don't Stop Believe'n. Robert is saying the same, or Anyway You Want It. We could be surprised and they could play Be Good to Yourself. But I think it has to be their most popular.
I made cookies last night and frosted them this morning. I made footballs and helmets. For food I made shredded Mexican chicken over night. And we will have quesadillas and nachos with the chicken or hamburger. And we have all the fixings, olives, oinions, sour cream, refried beans, cheese, chilies, and chili. Yummy! And of course we have chips & dip, and snack cheese and summer sausage and stuff like that. And we have beer and wine! But I may have to break out the vanilla stoli and diet coke!
It's gonna be good day!

13 comments:

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

OK...It was Don't Stop Believe'n. Not Arnel's best performance in my opinion, but..you know...its' JOURNEY so I loved it!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

OK....the Steeler Helmets look like Pac-Man!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Sweeeeet! Guess what Barb?

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

What???

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

STEELERS WON BABY!!!!!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

LOL!

OK....if anyone even cares....
My favorite commercial, when there was an actual commercial and not just a movie or NBC ad, my fav was the Bud Horse that wanted to play fetch!

Adriana said...

I liked this one Barb.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=51566318

I didn't watch the super bowl or the commercials very intently. I also didn't really have a specific team I was rooting for either. We had pizza and were basically waiting for The Boss :D

I love how you were talking to yourself LMAO!

word: supsemel ummmm what?? LOL

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

HAHA! I was excited that my team won so I was here just talking to myself!

Unknown said...

E-Trade baby outtakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ev5HgGACg

B & C

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Funny stuff Bubba!

Adriana said...

LOL the E Trade commercial was my second fav.... With the lil black baby singing :D


word: eneepu

Wellll, eneepu, what have you been up to?

Renee Eve said...

Good Early AM here in Michigan its12:57 am I am also glad the Steelers won, they also won when they were here in Detroit. My brother and sister live in Erie, PA so I have the Steelers, but I do feel sorry the LLL (Loving, Loosing, Lions) LOL Poor Guys, we got a new coach hes 42 OMG younger than me. But who knows I think Detroit will be happy with even 3 or 4 wins next season., Who knows. We didn't do anything, just made Pea Soup, for the Week LOL I'm planning on cleaning, for my mind therapy, it seems to take my frustration away. I'm going to say good night as 6:00 am comes early to drive the boys to school.

Love yous,

word: flobit

Glynis said...

Why on earth would you root for the Steelers? I am just glad it was a good game, but ICK... Steelers! I loved your cookies. VERY cute!

We didn't have 3D glasses to wear for the commercials, but I liked the Doritos ads. I also loved the 2 babies for E*Trade. So funny! The ads were pretty weak this year though.

OK, I am going to go and will check back later to read your new blog. Love ya...even if you cheered for the wrong team. ;o)