Sunday, February 22, 2009

OSCARS! OSCARS!! OSCARS!!!!

OMG! Tonight is Oscar night! I love love love the Oscars. I can not wait until everything starts, from the Pre-Show to the Red Carpet Arrivals...all of it! I remember the year that Julia Roberts won. We were on a cruise in the Bahamas. The ship was having all these Oscar parties all over the place, but we just went back to our cabin and watched. It was on pretty early and it was completely live! So you saw everyone milling around during the commercial breaks with the music playing. It was like being there! My friend Annie has been to the Oscars a couple of times, but she was working the show. I would love to go some day. That is one of my bucket list items. To attend the Oscars. I found out the other day that one of the agents at our other location has been going for a couple of years. How fun would that be????!!!!! I don't even care where I sit. I just want to go! Someday.....Someday......
Here again are my list of winner.....
I have changed my mind a couple times, but this is what I am sticking with!

best film

the curious case of benjamin button
**slumdog millionaire
frost/nixon
milk
the reader


best actor

richard jenkins (the visitor)
frank langella (frost/nixon)
**sean penn (milk)
brad pitt (the curious case of benjamin button)
mickey rourke (the wrestler)


best actress

anne hathaway (rachel getting married)
melissa leon (frozen river)
angelina jolie (the changeling)
meryl streep (doubt)
**kate winslet (the reader)


best supporting actor

josh brolin (milk)
robert downey, jr (tropic thunder)
**heath ledger (the dark knight)
philip seymour hoffman (doubt)
michael shannon (revolutionary road)


best supporting actress

amy adams (doubt)
marisa tomei (the wrestler)
penelope cruz (vicky cristina barcelona)
**viola davis (doubt)
tarji p henson (the curious case of benjamin button)


best animated feature

**wall-e
kung fu panda
bolt


best foreign film

the baader meinhoff complex (germany)
the class (france)
departures (japan)
**waltz with bashir (israel)
revanche (austria)


best director

ron howard (frost/nixon)
**david fincher (the curious case of benjamin button)
gus van sant (milk)
stephen daldry (the reader)
danny boyle (slumdog millionaire)


best original song

**down to earth (wall-e)
jai ho (slumdog millionaire)
o saya (slumdog millionaire)


best cinematography

the changeling
**the curious case of benjamin button
the dark knight
the reader
slumdog millionaire


best costume design

australia
the curious case of benjamin button
**the duchess
milk
revolutionary road


best visual effects

**the curious case of benjamin button
the dark knight
iron man

2 comments:

DreamaTexas said...

I was planning on watching the Oscars but my sister and her son are coming in to town to visit and will be here late afternoon so we are planning to go out for a family dinner. My sister just bought a new car and she is dying to take a road trip so she called me last night and said SURPRISE! I am sitting here downing some freshly brewed tea to wake myself up and then get my house work done aka laundry, vacuming, fresh linens out, unstore the crap that is tossed in the spare bedroom LOL etc. Blah!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

LOL Dreama....You have been a busy girl here this weekend!
It was cold. We sat around the campfire a lot. It was a gorgeous day there Friday. Katie, Bryan, Celina and I went down to the beach for a little while. No wind, and warm sunshine! But Bryan and I went down early Saturday morning to look for sand dollars and crapola it was cold. It was very windy and very cold. The last time we tried to look for sand dollars it was cold, windy and raining! We don't seem to have any luck with the weather, but this time we did find 3 good ones! Made it worth it.