Thursday, February 5, 2009

Made Me Think.....

Dreama's comment on yesterdays blog made me think. How safe is it to stop and help a stranger who is pulled over on the side of the road? I don't stop in that case. Mostly because I am just a chicken shit. But it reminds me of times such as when Bill Cosby's son had stopped to help someone and he ended up being killed. So very sad. If I could see that someone truly needed help, I would call it in. If I saw a woman being beat up, I would yell at the guy that the cops were on the way hoping that would stop him enough that he would run off. But a lot of the time I'm afraid that someone has a gun on them. You just never know anymore. Like the guy in the movie theater who shot that guy in front of his family because they would not be quiet. For crying out loud dude, get management to come and tell them to be quiet. If that doesn't work then ask management to give you free movie passes so that you can come back and see the show at a different time. There is just so much violence going on.
You are a brave woman Dreama. I'm not so sure that I could stop all the time. I would stop at an accident though. People need help in those cases. The least I could do for the poor guy who died is to cover him up. I would want someone to cover me up.

No comments: