Friday, July 24, 2009

Arts & Crafts in McCall

These are the beads that I picked for my bracelet.
Done stringing them together! I didn't use all of the beads so I was able to put some back.
Jody working on her watch band.
Cindy working on hers.
MINE!!
Cindy & Jody working away.
Cindy's watch band. Too cute!
I love the little frog!
Jody's watch band! Very pretty!
Another picture of Jody's.

On Tuesday when the boys were fishing, the girls went shopping and we came across a cute little bead and pottery shop. For $4 + the cost of your supplies, you could make something. I was really wanting to make mugs or a tray, or something like that, where I could write on there that it was made in McCall in honor of our yearly trip with the BBG Group. But then we saw that it would take 2 weeks to get it finished because of the double kiln process. Jody and Cindy wanted to make beaded watch bands, so I made a bracelet. It was a lot of fun, and super easy. I could very easily get really into making these, but the cost of the beads is a bit much. Unless you can get them wholesale, it's just to costly. But for a one time shot it was a lot of fun! I love that I have something now that will always remind me of Cindy & Jody.....

No comments: