Thursday, July 16, 2009

"You too can remove unsightly stretch marks....."

I keep seeing ads on my Yahoo page about getting rid of stretch marks. These ads show a nice shaped woman with stretch marks all up the side of her hip. And then they show a picture of a tanned hard body with no marks at all. Of course you have to click on the ad to find out what this miraculous stretch mark remover is. Well unless they are selling laser treatments or a tummy tuck it aint gonna work. How in the world does anyone think they can sell a cream to get repair torn skin? Because that is basically what a stretch mark is. The dermis layer can't support what growth the skin is going through, so it tears. I have researched this, and laser treatments or a tummy tuck is the only way to fix them. So basically you have to either cut them out, or burn the area around it so that it generates new skin growth that "repairs" but does not "remove" them. The laser repairs about 75% of it. Not bad, but I would go for the tuck. I want a tummy tuck badly. I hate my stomach. I just don't have $25,000 laying around to do it. Well it may not be THAT costly, but I bet it's pretty dang close....

No comments: