Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mary Mary ....

We are having some work done on our building here at work. The porches are being refurbished and we are getting a new roof. It's taking a while. The porches especially. The man who is working on the columns came by because we thought the toilet was leaking (its not. i guess toilets sweat in the heat too even though its cold in here with the a/c. who knew). He stopped by my desk and asked how things were going in here with all of the work that was going on. I asked him..."Going on as in Mary? The ghost Mary?" He smiled and asked if that was the name we had given her. I told him that was her real name as far as we knew. We chatted a little about her and he told me that he has been refurbishing the porch columns in the old hospital building, which is one of the most haunted buildings on site. Scully is the ghost he was talking about. Not sure if Scully is at the hospital or wherever his regular maintenance area is, but he said that Scully takes his tools all the time. Which I find amusing. It's like when Mary took my phone and took Karen's eyeglass case. Ghosts can be so mischievous. I'm just glad that we have a playful ghost and not some jump-in-your-body-and-possess-you-and-make-your-head-spin-around-while-you-puke-green-stuff-at-priests kinda of ghost. I would have left here a long time ago!
I have been wondering this week if the noise being made with the roofers was going to make Mary a little active. It is going on outside (obviously), and not inside the building. I don't know if that makes a difference. Like when we remodeled the inside a couple years ago. That was when I saw her skirt go around the corner of the wall, among other things. She has been so quiet lately. I'm kinda hoping she does get a little active. Makes for an interesting day at work!

No comments: