Monday, July 6, 2009

Idol 2009 Tour


We went to see the American Idol Tour last night. I was pleasantly surprised. It was really good. I was expecting cheesy group songs all night long with the occasional solo, but there were only a couple group songs. It started out with Michael, and then Meghan, Scott, Lil, Anoop and then Matt. They all had a group song, then there was a 20 minute break. They did a really good job. I was surprised at how good all of them did.

And then the show really got going. Allison came out and rocked some Pink, Janis and Heart. I think she sang 4 times, but I can't remember what else she did. Danny then came out. He was good, but it was a little let down after Allison was so powerful. Then it was all about Adam! Geeze....people were freaking out over Adam. He was definitely the favorite in Portland. It was so freaking loud in there. We were in Row 18 on the floor, and everyone stood up so I had to hold my camera waaaaay up to try to get a shot, and I'm short so it was kinda hard. I could barely see him past peoples heads. That was my only complaint about the show, but you can't blame people for standing. He was so good. If I remember correctly, he sang some Led Zepplin, Bowie, that Mad World song and the duet with Allison. There was some other song he sang that I have no idea what it was, sounded like something from a Broadway show. I think he sang 5 or 6 songs. Kris came out, and he has his fans too, but it was nothing like the screams for Adam. He was good, and he's a cutie, but it was like Danny...a little bit of a letdown after Adam had the place rocking. There was a group number, and the encore was Journey's Don't Stop Believe'n! Very cool.

I enjoyed the show a lot! As Bonnie said....Maybe we can get Adam and Allison to tour! I would be all over that show!

3 comments:

Bon'O said...

Oh, yeah! Thanks, Barb, for the vids on FB. I had to pop over here in hopes you'd done a recap. Otherwise I was going to ask you what the response was for Kris.

He's such a sweetie, I was a bit worried the response to his Tour performances would be overwhelmed by that for Adam & Allison. You answered that question. I do wish him all the best, BUT please let's get this over with so it can be all about Adam & Allison with no guilt. If/when THAT comes to Portland, we have a date, my friend!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

FOR SURE BON! I think they would be making a huge mistake if the 2 of them did not tour together.
Definitely a date!!!
I felt a little sorry for Kris because Portland was all about Adam. That place got so loud when he was out. I think once they get more into the midwest and south then it will be more about Kris.
What did you think of the vids??? Pretty good huh?!

Bon'O said...

If you haven't already found this, I signed up & bookmarked it the day after A.I. finale. Tried to hyperlink it, but it won't take here. There've been lots of videos of media i'views with Adam/Kris, Adam trying to elude the paparazzi, the Rolling Stone cover shoot, etc..at least daily g-mail updates~~

http://www.adamofficial.com/