Sunday, July 5, 2009

St Paul Rodeo & Idol


We had a really good day yesterday. The parade was so much fun. There is just something about a small town parade that is so American. It was fun to just sit there and people watch. I love to do that. I love to see the excitement in the little child's face as they stand there, empty bag in hand, waiting for the parade to start, and for the candy to fly! So much fun!
We had some time before the Rodeo, so we went to the Fair. We were all hungry, so we decided to get something to eat. I spied a stand that had soft serve ice cream so I headed there, only to change my mind and get a soft taco that was basically a huge burrito without the beans. Scott was all over the Polish Dog stand, Jody went back out front to a different taco stand, and Robert went for the German Sausage. But when he started to eat it, he thinks they gave him the wrong one because it was super spicy. He ate it anyway. We walked around a little bit, looked at the bulls and some bison, then headed back into the food area and Robert and I got a soft serve ice cream and Scott & Jody got a lemonade. We then headed into the Rodeo and had so much fun, and ate some more. Me....popcorn and a diet coke....the boys...beer, nachos and a pretzel! I think Jody just stuck with her lemonade. After the rodeo...well we ate some more....Scott & Jody bought some large onion rings that we all shared! Oh boy were they ever hot!

Ended up spending the evening at my sisters house. They were smoking ribs...yep...I ate some more! Ribs, beans and potato salad. After we had fireworks we went back in...and ate fresh raspberry, blackberry, blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream....because, you know, I had not eaten all day......

Tonight is the American Idol concert. Looking forward to seeing Adam Lambert live. Will definitely let you know tomorrow how the show is!

No comments: