Monday, March 8, 2010

I was 17 of 24 for my Oscar picks!

Not too bad. I guess it will easier to say which ones I missed :-)

Documentary Feature: Winner - The Cove
Editing: Winner - The Hurt Locker
Foreign Film: Winner - The Secret In Their Eyes
Animated Short: Winner - Logorama
Live Action Short: Winner - The New Tenants
Sound Editing: Winner - The Hurt Locker
Sound Mixing: Winner - The Hurt Locker

The rest I got right.
I was all in all pleased with the show and the winners. I really didn't want Avatar to win best picture. It won the awards it should have.
I cried for Sandra Bullock. She has been a favorite of mine for years. I love her romantic comedies. I was very happy that she won. And while Gabby was really great in Precious, I have a hard time with giving Oscars to one hit wonders. Do you really feel like she has a career in movies ahead of her? I'm not so sure. I find her quite annoying other than her performance in Precious. I know...she is just an excited teenager, but that is also why I can't stand Miley Cyrus. If Gabby makes a few more movies and gives that same kind of raw intense performance, then I will most likely change my mind.
A few other thoughts regarding last night....
I love Meryl Streep.
Helen Mirren looked stunning.
Ben Stiller was kind of annoying after a while.
YAY for The Hurt Locker!
Sandra's dress was gorgeous.
So were many others....Cruz, Diaz (for once) Lopez, McAdams.
Hiliary Swank was not at the Oscars, but was at the Vanity Fair Party. I want her body.
I'm still undecided about SJParkers dress.
HATED Charlize Theron's dress. The only thing missing was a Viking helmet.
Gerard Butler and Bradley Cooper. Nuff said.
George needs a haircut and his squeeze needs a smile.
Martin and Baldwin were funny.
Mo'Nique tried too hard to maintain her cool and came across as a deserving bitch.
The woman who won for Best Costume was a deserving bitch unfortunately.
What was with that kook who pulled a Kanye???

I could keep going...
but will instead end this with a big Congrats to all of the winners!

No comments: