Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Review.....

So....
I went to see Avatar last night.
Finally.
And just what did I think of it????
Meh.
It was OK....but certainly not the best movie of the year.
I thought parts of it were really amazing. I think the way it was made was so much fun. I really enjoyed that aspect of it. But the dialog.....freaking cheese. Horrible actually. I mean come on James Cameron...really? That was all the better you could do with a script? It was fun though because it was like being on a big Disney ride or the ET ride at Universal, but without all the bumping and bouncing around. I kept wanting to look down at the back of my hand to see if the days re-entry stamp was Dopey or Tigger. OOOO....What if it had been Pooh???? Actually...seeing pooh on the back of my hand in the theater might not have been that enjoyable. Some of the "scenery" was right out of the ET ride. And the glow in the dark body paint???? Yeh....don't know what to think about that. And at one point I swear I heard Mel Gibson yell..."They may take our lands! But they will never take...OUR....FREEDOM!!!" And when Sully held up the book about Pandora, I thought..."Put that in your book!" Although I'm pretty sure no one farted in that scene.
OK....I know I'm being a little mean to poor Mr Cameron, but I think he missed the mark with this one. It had the potential to be so much more. It could have been so much more "fantastical" without looking so cheap. Not all of it mind you.....but more than it should have.

No comments: