Monday, March 1, 2010

oiy....Monday's are gonna be busy....

Which is actually a good thing. Monday's fly by so fast now. With the addition of some extra stuff to do, and the fact that the paper changed the way I turn in Open House ads, I pretty much stay busy all day. I like it! But unfortunately, I end up neglecting the blog. I will have to start preparing one on Sunday nights. I don't really like to do that though, because I like to just ramble on about whatever comes to mind. This blog has ended up being so much more like a journal. Which is fine with me, but I'm sure "boring" for anyone who stops by to read it. So I will try to do better with Monday's by preparing the night before.
We had a great time this weekend camping. We went to Nahalem State Park. It's just south of Manzanita, OR. Or Canon Beach. Or Seaside. What ever your preference is for Oregon Coast beach towns! There are only a couple shops in Manzanita, but one of our favorites is a Free Trade or Fair Trade shop. It's such a fun place to check out. I bought a hippo carved out of soap stone. It was made in Kenya. The men of the tribe carve the animals and the women paint them. At least that is what the shop keeper told us! I believe her because I want to believe that my cute blue hippo was made in Kenya! I don't have it with me, so when I get home I will take a picture and upload it. I bought it because I couldn't put it down. Do you do that? See something that catches your eye and you just can't seem to let it go? I have absolutely no need for a carved blue hippo, but hey....it was only $6.95!
And cute!

No comments: