Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Some people just deserve what they get.....

I have a hard time with suicide. I do not know anyone personally who has taken their life. But I know people who have had family members or a loved one commit suicide. Most recently a blogging friend lost her brother-in-law...but I won't talk about her loss. I don't feel like I have a right too.
My first brush with suicide was actually when I was in elementary school. One of the girls was taken out of class one day. Her father had hung himself in their garage. I always felt so bad for her and her mom. It was just the two of them forever after that. She was always so shy and quiet in school. All through high school too. But I never knew what to say to her. So I ended up not saying anything. I'm so glad that she had friends though. I would have felt horrible if she had never had any friends after that. I was never able to walk past that house again. I would cross the street. Just a childhood fear I guess.
Another person I know who knew someone who did this is a lady I used to work with. She had been dating a guy for quite a while. He was a bit off his rocker I think. At least from what I hear. He would show up for work, but he would never go anywhere with her. He didn't like to go out for dinner, didn't like to take trips anywhere. Their relationship was not going anywhere either. He threatened her that if she ever left him he would kill himself. She didn't want to believe that he would do that, and she left him. He called her one night, said goodbye, and while she was still on the phone he shot himself. What a horrible thing to do to someone else. She never got over it. I don't think she ever will.
And now there is this guy back East who decided to kill some women who did nothing to him....NOTHING....before killing himself. From what he blogged, he was some poor guy who never got dates. Women hated him. Women shunned him. He wrote things like "Every evening I am alone, and then go to bed alone," he wrote. "I see twenty something couples everywhere. I see a twenty something guy with a nice twentyish young women. I think those years slipped right by for me. Why should I continue another 20+ years alone?" OK....dude....maybe it's because you were going for the typical hot young chick who had no interest in an older guy. Maybe you were alone all those years because you were either creepy or a dick. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, but I get so sick of hearing about guys who blame women for their problems. Did he try therapy? Sounds like he really needed it.

No comments: