Monday, August 31, 2009

Wildfires

Not much scares me...like really really scares me. Drowning is one, and fire is another. When we go camping and we have a campfire, I'm up all night in a panic that it is going to flame up and catch on fire the tree limb that is draped dangerous close over the top of the pit. Why do they do that? They put the fire pits right underneath a tree. I have seen many a campsite tree with scorched limbs. Freaks me out. Christmas Trees. I don't sleep well towards the end of their time in my house, which sometime is until April. Not really. We're actually talking February. March maybe. ** just kidding** **or am i????** These wildfires in California are so scary. I just don't understand why people live in those mountains down there. I understand not wanting to live in LA, or in one of the many surrounding cities. But I would pick that over living right in the middle of a fire hazard. Actually I wouldn't. I would never live down there to begin with. I would have to be in the film/tv industry for me to ever be down there. There is no other reason for me to ever live there. And since I will never be in that industry, I can pretty much bet you every dime I ever make the rest of my life that I will never....ever...live in the greater LA area.
My thoughts go out to everyone down there who are dealing with these horrible fires. Be safe everyone......

No comments: