Saturday, August 1, 2009

aMAZing

This one was made by CakeGirls in Chicago. I love their work! This is one they did for a bridal shower. Very very cool!
This one was made by Cake Alchemy in NY. They do really unique cakes. This one is so gorgeous. The flowers and bubble lights on top are all blown sugar. So much detail. Love it!

I did not see the show for this cake...but how cool is that?! I would not want to cut into any of these cakes!


I have been watching the show Amazing Wedding Cakes on WeTV for a couple months. I love it. I can't believe what they do with cakes. Last night they had two cakes that were so cool. I will upload the pics. I am adding another one that I saw online that I have not seen the show yet. Must have missed it last week when we were on vacation. I'm sure I will catch the rerun. If you have not watched this show yet, you need too!

2 comments:

Glynis said...

I have been to a wedding with a cake like one of these!

A few years ago our neighbors got married at the Museum of Flight in Seattle. It was the coolest wedding I had ever been to. The entire museum was ours, the wedding invitations looked like airplane tickets and passports... and during the actually wedding ceremony I noticed a small pile of vintage suitcases. I had NO IDEA that this was the wedding cake!

Each suitcase was a different flavor and they didn't taste too bad.

After the reception, the bride and groom got in a small plane and flew away. He has his pilot's license. I think that was the last wedding I have attended... and it will take a doozy to out-do that one!

word: hatme
used in sentence: "Don't hatme 'cause I'm beautiful!" LOL

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Hey G!
That sounds like a very cool wedding! Most of the ones I have been to are pretty boring! The best part for me usually is the dress.