Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Two Icons Passed Today....will there be a third????

I was not surprised to hear that Ted Kennedy passed today. I was actually surprised that he lived as long as he did after the brain cancer diagnosis. But I gasped when I just found out that Dominick Dunne died today. Cancer also took him, bladder cancer. I have felt a kind of kinship with Dominick Dunne since my brothers murder. It was so horrible the way his own daughter, Dominique, was murdered by her boyfriend. It was sickening how the murderer spent so little time in jail. I still do not understand how the judge allowed that to happen. Last I heard, that man was a chef in Portland. I hope he is long gone from here. Dominick spent so many years after that trying to bring justice to the families of murder victims. Here is a quote from him.....

"I am openly pro-prosecution and make no bones about it," he told the San Francisco Chronicle that year. "I don't think there are enough people out there sticking up for victims."

I could not agree more......

No comments: