Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crohn's Disease

So my son was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease today. The doctor pretty much said that he has it. They took blood for testing to get an absolute diagnosis, but they are pretty sure that he does. He has just about all of the symptoms of it except weight loss that I have seen. I have researched it online and its not a pleasant condition that's for sure. What disease is? I'm kinda pissed off at the doctor though because he told Bryan that he could eat whatever he wanted, and drink alcohol and stuff. The doctor told him that he just needed to avoid smoking. Ummmm hey asshole, Bryan has NEVER smoked so what caused the flare-up???? I'm pissed can you tell? I think Bryan needs to start keeping a journal of everything that he eats so that when he is feeling crappy he can look and see what it was that he ate, or drank. I think he also needs to join an online CD Support Group so that he can talk to people who have the disease and they can help him out to understand what he is going through, and things that can possibly happen if he does not take care of himself.
Looks like I am going to be doing a lot of research in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

Mary/MI said...

If it was my son I would do the same Barbara. I would get a second opinion too. A friend of mine has it. She has to watch what she eats, as some things tend to aggravate it.
She was very upset when she was diagnosed about 21 yrs ago. She has since gotten married and had 2 children. I haven't seen her in a while, but I heard she is doing fine.