Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Year in Movies 2009

I just went through the list of movies released in 2009. I have to say this was one of the lowest totals of movies I have seen in years. Out of 417 movies I only saw 35. And there are 30 that I wanted to see but missed. I don't know why we missed so many movies this year. Maybe it's because we had to switch to going on Thursday instead of Friday. Movies typically come out on Friday, so we were having to wait to see them instead of seeing them on the day they were released. I know that seems weird...just go the next week, but we always seemed to miss them. And so many of the movies I wanted to see were being shown in limited release. And I won't go to Portland to see a movie. Or if they were downtown, it was only for a little while and I would miss it. Some never came here at all.
Here is a list of the movies that I did see this year.
Don't judge! I will watch most any genre of movie!
In alphabetical order I give you my movie choices of 2009:

9 (or Nine)
Amelia
Angels & Demons
The Blind Side
Bride Wars
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Earth
Fame 2009
The Hangover
He's Just Not That Into You
The Informant
Inglorious Basterds
The International
The Invention of Lying
Julie & Julia
Knowing
Law Abiding Citizen
Mall Cop
The Men Who Stare at Goats
My Life in Ruins
New in Town
New Moon
Night at the Museum 2
Paranormal Activity
The Proposal
Public Enemies
The Soloist
Star Trek 11
Taken
Terminator 4
The Time Traveler's Wife
Transformers 2
The Ugly Truth
Wolverine
Year One

Weeee....What a list! (dont judge)

And here are the movies that I missed or just came out and have not seen yet:

2012
500 Days of Summer
Adventureland
All About Steve
A Single Man
Avatar
Coco Before Chanel
Couple's Retreat
Disney's A Christmas Carol
District 9
Everybody's Fine
The Fourth Kind
Humpday
The Hurt Locker
I Love You, Man
Invictus
It's Complicated
Jennifer's Body
The Lovely Bones
The Messenger
Pirate Radio
Precious
Push
The Road
Sherlock Holmes
Sin Nombre
Up
Up In The Air
Where The Wild Things Are
The Young Victoria

I think my list of missed movies is so much better than the list of movies that I saw. It's hard to get mom, Katie or Robert to go see the movies that I want to see. So we end up at something like a comedy. So I saw a lot of those this year. Not a lot of big epics this year. And I missed the one period movie that was out, The Young Victoria. I'm not even sure that it was even here. I should check to see when it was released. I will see all of those.
Somehow.....

No comments: