Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Time....

I made the call.
I will be having my old girl Cammy put to sleep this Saturday.
I cried of course.
I was doing fine making the appt until she asked me how Cammy was doing.
Then I lost it.
It's so hard to explain what you have been seeing your pet of 19 years become.
She is just so out of it any more.
She hasn't gotten to where she has lost all control of her bladder, but she doesn't understand how to use her litter box anymore.
She stands next to it and pees on the floor.
Or she steps in it and then pees outside of it.
She tries to eat, but sometimes it sounds like she is choking.
Then she sounds like she is grinding her teeth together. That is horrible. We have no idea what is happening to her when she does that. I wonder sometimes if it is some kind of seizure? It's so awful.
I hate seeing her like this.
This past year has felt like all we have been doing is watching her die.
I know this is for the best.
But it still hurts so so bad.....