Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Carrot Cake

Have you ever bought a Costco carrot cake? Holy crap...that thing weighs 20 pounds! Seriously! I had to pick one up for work tomorrow and that thing is freaking heavy. I decided that I didn't need a cart even though the bakery is in the back of the store. Mistake number one. Mistake number two was parking far away from the door so that I could .... be in the shade .... and get in a little exercise by walking through the lot. Ugh.... it's hot out, and I was carrying that dang bushel of carrots. By the time I got to the car I was all hot and sweaty....and not in a good way. My arms are still kinda sore and I have been home for about 20 minutes! Gawd I'm such a wimp.....
Hubby and I went to see Night at the Museum:Smithsonian. The title is longer, but who cares. It was OK. Not as good as the first one. But still a fun movie. Unfortunately....hubby is as big a popcorn hog as my mom. Actually, hubby is worse. He eats it really fast and then gives me the little left over pieces in the bottom. Mom has at least started bringing a large ziplock baggie so that I can put some in that to eat. OK...just kidding. Well not about them being popcorn hogs, because they are, but I can at least grab a couple handfuls when I want some. I don't eat as much popcorn at the movies as they do. They can each eat a bucket, I don't even finish a small one when I go by myself. And......SCORE....my next movie is free! I love my Regal Rewards Card. Since today was Tuesday, it was $1.00 small popcorn day. It used to be that you would get a free small popcorn, but now they charge you a buck. Still worth it. And you can always earn the free popcorn, free soda and free movie with the rewards. Totally worth it! I don't understand why anyone would not sign up for one. If you go to the movies at all at a Regal....sign up!

2 comments:

DreamaTexas said...

Hi Barb...
We have Sams Club here but no Costco. I love Carrot cake and it loves my ass and my thighs but like I was saying to Renee screw it.... I don't even care.I've got PMS and I am going to dose myself with chocolate and cake. Yes I am !!!!
Last night I rented New Girl In Town. That movie was really good. I've been going to Redbox and renting movies for a buck. I also rented Taken. That movie was good and an eye opener for parents who allow their kids to go out of the country on trips. And I rented Mall Cop. That was dorky and funny.
Have a great day!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

will comment back to you on the new blog!