Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why are Men like that????

Argh.....Seriously. Why can't a guy ever say "Yep. I fucked up. Sorry. My bad."
Last night we were getting ready to BBQ and hubby opened the back door and Kodiak took off out the door. This is the second time in like a month that he has broken out of jail. The first time being his leap of faith through the window screen. Well not so much through, but knocked out and over it. I tell hubby all the time....ALL....THE.....TIME....to not leave the door so freak'n wide open when he goes out. Not only does he leave it wide open, but he does not bother to look around to make sure that Kodi is not lurking nearby waiting for the opportunity to bolt. Well last night Kodi bolted. Right out the back door and under the deck. He tried to run around to the front of the house, but hubby executed a successful block. Instead, the cat hid under the deck. And if you have not seen my deck....its huge. And multi leveled. He would run under one level, to another, to another, and back. It was awful. I never knew where to go. I was running around, up steps, down steps, crawling under the highest level....which was not fun! One word....Spiders. And then Kodi ended up under the lowest level deck. And there is no possible way a human can crawl under there. So there he sat, munching on some kind of vegetation, while I crawled around in the wet dirt and rocks on my hands and knees....in shorts...panicking. I think he was enjoying my pain and suffering. I finally ran back into the house and opened a can of food and took that outside on a paper plate to try and coax him out. But to do so, I had to pull the lattice work off the side of that part of the deck. Which I did....and did not care in the least if that pissed off the hubby. I wanted my cat. After I dismantled the deck I knelt down in the wet dirt again and put the plate of food under the deck. Kodi, being the pig that he is, went right for the food. I kept pulling it back towards me, and he kept coming for the food. When he was within reach I grabbed him. He was put in timeout in his room for an hour or so. Unfortunately Alyeska went in there with him. She totally panicked when he went outside. She was running from window to window. She knew he had made a break for freedom, and she didn't like it any more than I did. So she went in there with him with no complaints. I just do not understand why hubby could not have at least said "Sorry." Nothing. Not a thing from him. And I just wanted to drop it because I knew I would bitch him out. A little while later something was said to Kodi about running out, and I said something to hubby about him leaving the door wide open....and he blamed the cat! It was not his fault that the cat runs out the door. Ummmmm YAH IT IS! Don't leave the freaking door wide open!
So to make sure this does not happen again, I'm going to put the cats in their room when hubby is BBQing. I just can't trust that guy to watch for the cats before opening doors.....

2 comments:

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Hey Dreama!
I ate carrot cake today. It was yummy!
Were you talking about New in Town with Renee Zellweger? That was a cute movie. I was cracking up when she went to dinner at that couples house and she was not dressed for the weather...and they showed! Funny scene.
I love Taken! It's non-stop action from when she gets kidnapped until the movie ends! I bought that for hubby and we will take that camping this weekend. Such a good movie!
Paul Blart had its moments...just a few....

Renee Eve said...

Good EARLY EARLY morning here in Michigan, its 1:31am I can't sleep, so I'm surfing the net so to speak. Yes Barb, I have had Costco Carrot Cake YUMMO, I love all their cakes.

I totally understand about animals getting out of jail, trust me. Ours is our Labradoodle Beijou, one of our stupid ass neighbors even called the cops on her and it was Winter time. But she DARTS for the door every time someone opens it and then runs around the neighborhood, when she was a puppy, now that shes 4 years old she settled down she still DARTS but we just grab the car keys and tell her car ride and back she runs and we open the van door or truck door and she jumps in and then we grab her by her collar and put her in the house. One time my sister (we were on vacation) chased her a mile NO JOKE all the way to the Library which is across from our subdivision. We can walk to the Library but its a long way and a busy street for her to cross, she was only 6 months old at the time. But she did calm down with age.

My momma looked good tonite, we stayed with her until the Red Wings were done, they went into overtime, but they ended up winning off to another Stanley Cup Play Off, They better work hard because I watched the Penguins the other night and they are HUNGRY for the CUP!!!!!! But boy Barbara Hoosa is a real good player I didn't realize it, hes been great in the play offs. But I'm a Wing Nut so GO WINGS!!!!!!

Talk to you all later
Love Renee Eve xoxoxoxoox