Wednesday, May 6, 2009

To Diet or Not to Diet.....

I feel for Kirstie Alley. She came out and confessed to gaining back all the weight she lost with Jenny Craig...and then some. That is what we do. We work our asses off and lose weight only for it to come back on with what someone just said to me in an email....it comes back and brings friends along. I know exactly what my problem is. I need to exercise. I will not lose weight unless I do. So I need to start walking again. And then get back on the elliptical machine. I should call my sister and see if she wants to start walking again. She has been able to keep the weight off that she lost. But she has also been exercising. She will say not as much as she should be, but I'm pretty sure she exercises more than she says. She also thinks she is fat in certain areas, like her tummy. I think she looks great. But isn't that what women do? Pick at their own bodies. I hate this, I hate that....and so on. We are never happy with what we have. I'm not happy at all with my weight gain. But I'm also not doing anything about it. So tonight I will. I will call my sister and see if she would like to start walking again. Hopefully she won't be too busy with work still. She has been working a lot of overtime. We'll see.....

3 comments:

DreamaTexas said...

Awww, I didn't know that Kristie Alley gained the weight back. I think it is hard to keep weight off for various reasons. As women we stress eat. As we get older our hormones or lack of hormones allow us to gain weight. Medications cause us to gain weight. We have PMS and need our chocolate and sugar fix.:0)
My sister and I both have had anxiety for the past 2 weeks and eaten sugar for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We both gained an inch in our ass and waist lines in the past week. Why does the weight always go straight to the ass? Why can't it go to the boobs?! Damn gravity. Why is that men gain weight and they brag and show off their bigger bellies as if it's a cool thing?! That's not fair.
My Dad got out of the hospital after 10 days. It has been total kaos. My sister's ex mother in law has been trying to undermine me and take control ever since I made the 9-11 call. She is a complete lunatic and a control freak and I did say an "ex" mother in law. My sister is trying to get this woman to back off but she's been a blood sucking leech for 25 years so I don't think anything is going to change with this serpent. If you have ever seen the mother on The Exterminators TV show well my sister's ex mother in law is 10 times worse. No shit! Whew!
My word is flophog. How fitting! LOL

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Yeh...she gained it all back plus some. I feel sorry for her actually. I know how hard it is to make the right decisions about food. It's hard.
I'm so glad to hear your dad is out of the hospital. And tell that witch to take a hike. No one needs to put up with ex's crap!

DreamaTexas said...

LOL Barb. Witch is the kindest word I could call this woman.
I have always thought Kristie Alley was such a sweetheart and I feel bad for her also. I like French food with the heavy creams and the pastries OMG. I am just glad that I am not rich and could hire a gourmet chef. My life would be put into XXL harms way.I am almost happy that half the time my stomach stays out.
See ya on FaceBook. LOL xoxo