Thursday, May 21, 2009

Randomness


Western Wood-Pewee. Found pic online.
Cedar Waxwing from a pic online.

Just got back from seeing Angels and Demons with Tom Hanks. Really good movie. Except for one cheesy part involving a helicopter. Other than that, I really enjoyed the movie. Having been raised a Catholic and no longer believing in organized religion, I found the movie fascinating how they brought together science and religion. At the end there is a line about how man is not without flaws, including men of the cloth. To me, religion is ancient history, like Medieval princes and castles. Like ancient Egypt. It is something to be studied and written about in historical terms, but most religions have not evolved. I do understand that some need that in their lives, to give them a sense of purpose, or to explain to them what life is all about, or to just give them some peace and security. I find that with my family and loved ones.

HARRISON FORD WATCH!

Here is a link to the story in our paper this morning. There is even a picture of Harrison from yesterday! I was right...there were a lot of people down there in the park across the street with their cameras and binoculars. Geeze....

http://www.columbian.com/article/20090521/NEWS02/705219985/Lights++camera++action

New bird in my yard! Yesterday morning I saw a bird in the yard I had never seen before. So I took a good look with binoculars and got out my book. It was a Western Wood-Pewee. Very pretty grey bird that was swooping around eating bugs. It can stay as long as it wants if it is going to eat bugs all day! And then later that evening I was on the phone with my sister and a Cedar Waxwing flew in! Love those birds! Sadly I have not seen the new bird today. Bummer. Hope it comes back.

I have had to fake out my kitty Aly. Every time I get myself a glass of ice water she comes over and drinks out of it. So now I pour 2 glasses! She gets her own and I don't have her butt lick in mine!

1 comment:

DreamaTexas said...

The birds are beautiful Barb! I love bird watching! I love watching wildlife in general also!
Miss ya all! Have a wonderful Holiday week end!
xoxo