Sunday, May 24, 2009

JOURNEY was AWESOME.....and a little Deen....

Old Town Sacramento. We spent the late morning/early afternoon walking around. There was a huge Jazz Festival going on.
JOURNEY! We were only in Row 15...but there were VIP tables set up in front of the stage because of a charity Auction, so we ended up kinda far back.


NEAL
Ross and Deen heh heh heh....Deen on our plane. I tried to sneak a shot before take-off. That was so wrong of me.....

We had a great time at the Journey concert last night in Sacramento. Except for the fact that I froze my ass off. Robert tipped me off that the temp was suppose to drop after the sun set. I took a hoodie, but wore capris and flip flops. Big mistake. Me feet were frozen by the time we left. I was sooooo cold. But it was totally worth it! Even got to chat with Alycia and her hubby who we met at the Lake Tahoe Meet & Greet. She might go to the show in Boise. I hope she will be able too! Not sure if we will be able to add in any more concerts this year since we are going to Hawaii now. They have tickets to 2 others shows....I think both in Cali.
The show was great. They rocked it out with hardly a break, and sang god knows how many songs. A lot that's for sure! Bummed that Deen did not sing one, but maybe next time. I like him to sing at least one. For the last song, Lovin Touchin Squeezin, they brought out some of their kids. This was a show for a children's charity in Sacramento, so it was only fitting that they included some of their own kids. Jonathan's son played drums, his daughter came out for some vocals...but the best part was Neal's son Miles came out and played guitar. That kid is fantastic. We enjoyed the Lake Tahoe show with Miles standing right next to us. nice kid. And good looking. And he plays a mean guitar.....just like his dad! You can tell that apple did not fall far from the tree! He has a ton of talent.

SO...here is a great little story....

We were sitting in one of the airport bars. Had been there a couple minutes. Long enough for a couple people to say something to Robert about his Journey t-shirt that he was wearing. Asking if we had gone to the show. People saying they wished they had. We were sitting there, and all of sudden Robert says..."That's Deen sitting behind you." I turned around and there was Deen. Robert had been on his laptop and he put the screen down and not a minute later I hear Deen say "Hey! Did you enjoy the show?" SWEEEET! So Robert went over and had a little chit chat with him. Very cool. And then......Deen is on our flight back to Portland! Sweet! During the flight when we were getting drinks, the 2 flight attendants are talking about guys that have been on flights before that look like rock stars....like Tommy Lee and stuff. I knew that they thought Deen was someone, or looked like someone. Then one of them sees Robert's Journey shirt and she said "I have had Don't Stop Believin" in my head all day." I told her "Did you know that the drummer for Journey is sitting up there?" She kinda freaked a little. She wanted to know who it was. I said the guy with the wild hair. She said she knew he had to be someone. It was funny. She went over to him and said something and laughed. Later in the flight Deen handed her something and she smiled at him. Then she came over to Robert and handed him a piece of paper. It was Deen's boarding pass. He had signed it and sent it back to him! Very very cool! When we got off the plane the pilot was talking to Deen and he saw Robert again and Robert thanked him and they shook hands. Deen gave me a big smile and waved. He was going to get his picture taken with the pilot. So funny. It really made Robert's day!

3 comments:

Renee Eve said...

Hi Barbara,

I LOVE Journey, as my husband does. They are a very good band, my mother also loves them. I was suppose to see them in the 1980's but, my mother tore my ticket up because I told her I smoked, I was only 16. It was the only time I was ever grounded. LOL. It sounds like you had a very good time, and CONGRATS on going to Hawaii SO LUCKY!!!!! I can't even leave the State of Michigan right now, Johns job layed off ALOT of guys, John still has his job, but who knows how long. We pray he makes it until August when they hear they are suppose to pick up again. Anthonys friends father got layed off again hes had 6 jobs since September NO JOKE!!!! Its terrible here in Michigan and they have 5 children.

Well I have a few min. I've been on the computer trying to read and catch up. I need to CLEAN to badly, but I'm so tired emotionally watching my mom suffer for the past what 3 weeks, being transferred to Hospitals to Nursing Home back to Hospitals. It was a trip. She had her surgery on May 4, a Monday she seemed to do ok on Monday night and Tuesday. On Wednesday she started to like go a little goofy on us (me and my sister) we thought well it will pass, we are new to this. Well they transferred her that Saturday to a Nursing home, its one of the better ones around here very nice and beautiful from the outside and even on the inside. Well they HIGHLY OVERMEDICATED HER. I was going there every day, I talked with the Nurse Practioner and told her that she has never been goofy like this talking off the walls, etc. they did a chest x-ray, never found out the results of that. But they were giving her 20 mg. of Percocet along with a muscle relaxer 4 hours around the clock. She fell 2 times in the Nursing home, because they gave her no walker when her orders from the hospital said give her a walker. The Nursing Home told me PT don't want her to have a walker. So the 2nd fall was in the bathroom, she layed there for 1/2 hour before someone found her, if it wasn't for her roommate calling the aide who knows when they would of found her, it breaks my heart. So last Friday I went grocery shopping and called her as I usually do, and she was not right, she asked me what I was stuffing my trees with???? I said WHAT??? She said didn't anyone tell you what to use to stuff your trees??? I said Momma I'm gonna call you right back. I called the Nurse at the desk she said well yes shes more out of it, I said I'm calling her Doctor, I called her Doctor her Doctor told me to get her to the ER NOW. So she was transferred to the ER on Friday night. My sister and I sat there from 10:30 pm on Friday until 1:30 pm on Saturday for her to get a room upstairs, Lisa left at 9:00 because her daughter had a baseball game. When she got all settled in her room, I kissed her and told her I would talk to her tomorrow. My wonderful husband sat with her on Saturday night, and then was there on Sunday morning at 7:30 to sit with her all day until 8:00 pm. She did have pneumonia and some type of staph infection, which is all cleared up. Now she still does not have her mind back 100 percent. So we had some laughs and tears. On Thursday she was transferred to another Hospital for Physical Therapy, I would not allow her to go to another Nursing home, I would take her home before I would allow that, no way in hell will a family member of mine go into one of them again. So this hospital seems pretty good, she still not all there in her head, I hope she comes back, the doctors are all saying it was overmedication that did that to her. We'll see. She also fell at the other hospital too and hit her head they did cat scans and mris and so far they came out fine. I'm taking my son Vincent there tomorrow around 11:00 am to sit with her until 8:00 pm he wants to go and be with her, she ordered him lunch and dinner already. On Tuesday at 2:00 pm we have a family meeting on how her Therapy is going. I know shes getting stronger because I walked with her to the bathroom yesterday and helped her go.

Renee Eve said...

Hi again I wrote a lot longer comment but it would not accept it, I guess I talk to much lol. Anyways, I just wanted to say, Love to all, and I will write in a few more days. The kids are out of school 2 weeks from Wed. THANK GOODNESS I can't wait.

Renee Eve said...

Barbara,

Its me again, Hossa is really doing GREAT in the playoffs for the Wings, Our Red Wings our up 3-1 we only need 1 more game and were off the to Cup Finals. Were the Yankees of Hockey LOL.