Thursday, April 9, 2009

Am I the only one who thinks AI was wrong for having that rapper on???

**WARNING...I USE NAUGHTY WORDS**

I was not happy with American Idol last night. WTF were they thinking by having rapper Flo Rida on? I understand that he has the #1 song in the nation, but it's only #1 because of idiot teenagers who think songs about sex acts are funny. I guess I'm showing my "old age" here, but I do not think American Idol is the place to be showcasing a song about blow jobs. Here are the words to the chorus of Right Round....
You spin my head right round, right round
When you go down, when you go down down...
Ummmmm....sounds like he's singing about blow jobs to me. I was offended. I thought that AI was a family show.
I guess not......

4 comments:

Glynis said...

I watched the show, but must admit I didn't give it my full attention. Glad my kids weren't paying attention after hearing from you what he was saying! I just don't enjoy rap...I don't get it. I know it is supposed to be an expression of what they have experienced in life, but some things just don't need to be expressed. It was careless of AI and Fox to air that kind of trash during prime time.

OMG, I sound like my parents!

I finally got to look at your blog yesterday. I checked in too early before it was up. So, I have to tell you that I thought at first that the "swimsuit photo" was you in 6th grade. I was like "WTF!"

Glad for your hormones that I was wrong. LOL!!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Bwaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaa!!!! That cracks me up that you thought that G!!!!
As for Rap....Never been my cup of tea. I was just seriously offended that they had that particular artist on a "Family" show. He needs to stick with MTV, late night shows or cable.

Renee Eve said...

Good Evening Barb and Everyone,

Its 7:16 pm and I need to go to 1 grocery store yet LOL. I had to help my Mom in the Bath.

I hope you enjoyed your Birthday yesterday Barb.

My kids DO NOT like Rap, but I have no idea what they listen to it just sounds like a bunch of NOISE to me I think they call it screamo that what Anthony told me anyways, LOL, they like a lot of the Guitar Hero Songs and they are all from the 70's and 80's, Kiss, Aerosmith, etc. I don't watch American Idol, I know everyone don't understand how I DO NOT WATCH IT, I just never got into it. Ok off to the Grocery Store at least 1 and Alidis tomorrow.

Renee Eve said...

Hi Barb, we were posting at the same time.

Oh and my hubby is doing the Easter Present shopping this year. YEAH!!!!!!!!